Author Topic: www.carbonbikekits.com  (Read 13678 times)

LiLDude

www.carbonbikekits.com
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:03:35 AM »
Hi all   Im new to the site, and am working on a 29er Hard Tail build.  Has anyone any information on the guys http://www.carbonbikekits.com   

Leslie

LiLDude

Re: www.carbonbikekits.com
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »
Im working with a guy named Tony Chen

cmh

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
They list the same frames as other vendors on this forum, and they put their own watermark on photos they did not take on the page about the 041. That just smells kinda sketchy to me. There are other vendors here which are much classier than that.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 08:21:41 PM »
LilDude, welcome to Chinertown.

Nothing special on that website, nothing that Peter at xmcarbonspeed.com would not be able to sell you with better service.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

maui400

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:34:06 AM »
LilDude, welcome to Chinertown.

Nothing special on that website, nothing that Peter at xmcarbonspeed.com would not be able to sell you with better service.

That's right. That's propbably why they are cheaper. 041 @ $508 vs $550

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »
Just because the price of the frame is $42 cheaper, doesn't mean the final price with shipping, paypal fees, and any other extras will be cheaper.  Peter throws in a seat clamp, and the Neco headset is reasonably priced.  Not to mention, the extra customer service and confidence that Peter will keep you updated on the status of you order is worth the difference.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

PeterXu

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 06:42:24 PM »
There are difference on the frame material, maybe the price 508 USD/piece is for B level, not sure about that. All super light model frames we sell are in A level.

maui400

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »
There are difference on the frame material, maybe the price 508 USD/piece is for B level, not sure about that.

@Peter, this is just guesswork and therefore unfair to put a bad reputation on a competitor. I would rather say they come from the same factory - same quality.

Just because the price of the frame is $42 cheaper, doesn't mean the final price with shipping, paypal fees, and any other extras will be cheaper.  Peter throws in a seat clamp, and the Neco headset is reasonably priced.  Not to mention, the extra customer service and confidence that Peter will keep you updated on the status of you order is worth the difference.

I did agree on the probably better service. But the overall prices are less. I've compared. It just depends what you prefer - cheaper price or better service.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:06:35 PM by maui400 »

PeterXu

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »
There are difference on the frame material, maybe the price 508 USD/piece is for B level, not sure about that.

@Peter, this is just guesswork and therefore unfair to put a bad reputation on a competitor. I would rather say they come from the same factory - same quality.

Man, you put the price difference on here and didn't say why, what will other guys think about that ? And I said "not sure about that", the 041 SL frames do come from same factory, but they make these frames in 2 different ends , A level and B level, I just guessed as well. And now the exchange rate from USD to RMB is better and Chinese New Year is coming soon, they may get them on promotion , you know, just guess.

Oolak

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 09:11:56 PM »
@maui I see your point about not saying things about a computer that you're not sure about but you did point out the price discrepancy showing a competitor was cheaper, so it seems fair for Peter to explain what possible reasons may be behind the price difference. It's good info to know that they do indeed come from same factory but at two different grade levels.

@Peter are all frames sold in a grade and b grades? Is the only difference between the two the quality of carbon fiber that was used? I, and I'm sure lots of other forum members, would be interested in this info.

PeterXu

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 10:59:29 PM »

@Peter are all frames sold in a grade and b grades? Is the only difference between the two the quality of carbon fiber that was used? I, and I'm sure lots of other forum members, would be interested in this info.
  I don't know about the frames from other vendors, but from me, what price you guys spend higher than 500 USD then these frames are A level and made with T800, if the price is less than 400 USD then the frame should be made with T700.   Some factories make frames in A and B levels, but not all factories.

bxcc

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 05:09:51 AM »
I don't know about the frames from other vendors, but from me, what price you guys spend higher than 500 USD then these frames are A level and made with T800, if the price is less than 400 USD then the frame should be made with T700.   Some factories make frames in A and B levels, but not all factories.

Thank you Peter, this is great information for the buyer to have. It helps justify the slightly higher cost. Other than the type of fiber used, is there any other differences between A level and B level?

MTB2223

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »
I did agree on the probably better service. But the overall prices are less. I've compared. It just depends what you prefer - cheaper price or better service.
I preferred better service. What if you need service and you paid the cheaper price? Exactly, it's not cheaper anymore ...

maui400

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 06:26:57 AM »
We still don't know if carbonbikekits sells the 041 in a different quality. It is just a rumor.
My guesswork: The frames are completely the same type of quality. Were they built with different types of material the weight would differ - which it does not. If the frames were of different material but with the same weight, I'm sure the frame with low quality material would break too easily.

I'm sure Peter is a reliable seller with a good reputation. Nevertheless sellers like to lure potential buyers away from competitors. Therefore I wouldn't take those rumors too literally.

What if you need service and you paid the cheaper price? Exactly, it's not cheaper anymore ...
I completely agree with you! That's the trade-off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:43:52 AM by maui400 »

RS VR6

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 03:34:07 PM »
We still don't know if carbonbikekits sells the 041 in a different quality. It is just a rumor.
My guesswork: The frames are completely the same type of quality. Were they built with different types of material the weight would differ - which it does not. If the frames were of different material but with the same weight, I'm sure the frame with low quality material would break too easily.

I'm sure Peter is a reliable seller with a good reputation. Nevertheless sellers like to lure potential buyers away from competitors. Therefore I wouldn't take those rumors too literally.

Lol...that's a good point. Typically the weight difference would be anywhere from 100-200gr difference in weight. Like a Cervelo R3 vs R5. The frames are the same, but different grades of carbon.

From what I've gathered on low vs hi mod carbon...is that hi mod carbon is lighter and stiffer than the low mod...but the hi mod is also more brittle.

Here is a video with Phil White explaining carbon: