Author Topic: Identifying a Chinese MTB frame  (Read 5635 times)

karstenhorn

Identifying a Chinese MTB frame
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »
I bought this frame last spring and its obviously made in China. Its a size small(around 15.5") for 26" wheels and my wife is riding on it with great joy. I bought it via eBay and it was crazy cheap around 250$ brand new and sold via Holland so no tax either. Do anyone know this frame and have any more info about it ?

Pictures:

Any info would be very much appreciated

Karsten

Carbon_Dude

Re: Identifying a Chinese MTB frame
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:29:18 PM »
Looks like a nice frame.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

JohnSpeed

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
Looks like a nice frame.

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't much help you identify it but I really like it. The paint scheme is sweet, and the small wheels and BMX style stem remind me of my old freestyle bike I had when I was in my teens. Looks like it'd be fun to whip around. What stem is that if you don't mind me asking?

karstenhorn

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 12:01:15 AM »
Looks like a nice frame.

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't much help you identify it but I really like it. The paint scheme is sweet, and the small wheels and BMX style stem remind me of my old freestyle bike I had when I was in my teens. Looks like it'd be fun to whip around. What stem is that if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I have tried to compare the frame with other 26" frames around but I cannot find anything that looks like this. The handlebar with integrated stem is also from the same company as the frame "LWA" - If you try to google them nothing pops up though.

Karsten

cmh

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »
I bought this frame last spring and its obviously made in China. Its a size small(around 15.5") for 26" wheels and my wife is riding on it with great joy. I bought it via eBay and it was crazy cheap around 250$ brand new and sold via Holland so no tax either. Do anyone know this frame and have any more info about it ?

Well, first things first - you bought it via eBay - have any information from the sale still, like the original auction? Often there will be a number in the frame that is consistent across resellers, such as "057".

I thought the name was "LWA" but a little googling lead me to "LVWA", and I managed to find this - looks like the same frame:

http://uedata.amazon.com/LVWA-Carbon-Mountain-16-5in-FM-0021L/dp/B00HVSZSZQ

We can see the number in the description: FM-0021L

I don't see anything else that matches, though. Looks like LVWA is still pretty active out there, that might help you.

karstenhorn

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:49 PM »
Agree, same frame apparently - here is an eBay seller that have some cheap Carbon frames and among them one LWA as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kevi-80/m.html?_trksid=p3692

As a matter I just won this auction http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEIOU-3K-carbon-fiber-unibody-road-bike-frame-racing-bike-frame-B012A4-500mm-/131737920806? It cannot be all wrong for about 200$ including shipping and already in Europe so no tax at all. That will eventually be a road bike for wife :D

BTW paint sucks but I know a cheap painter.

Karsten