Author Topic: No idea what this frame is, is it ok?  (Read 2341 times)

yourrealdad

No idea what this frame is, is it ok?
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this frame?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-new-T800-MTB-bike-29er-carbon-frame-142x12-thru-axle-MTB-carbon-frame-29-inch/1394703_32575984145.html

Is it an ok frame? It seems like everyone just mentions the CS models, but for $300 that seems like a deal if it is of quality

Thanks

Carbon_Dude

Re: No idea what this frame is, is it ok?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:52:17 AM »
The reason forum members talk about the CS (Carbon Speed) frames is because they have been happy with them.  Frames from other suppliers have had problems such as blocked internal cable routine, sloppy bottom bracket sleeves, misaligned brake caliper mounts, and rough topcoat finishes.  Peter, who owns xmcarbonspeed.com, has mentioned the cheaper frames might be seconds but we really don't know for sure.  I've read about people who have purchased frames from Flyxii.com and they have been about 50/50, about half of the frames have minor issues.  Peter may hand pick the better frames but we do not know the for a fact, even though his frames seem to have few problems.

Remember, once you get your frame and you find a problem, it can be costly and time consuming to ship the frame back to China.  The prices are already very good, so saving another $100 is not worth the possible headaches.  You may get lucky and save $100 by ordering a frame from AliExpress, but I think the odds are against you.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

maui400

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:30:54 PM »
Happily there's not only one   8). You will find exactly this frame in xcbarny's thread 'Dashine Bike Carbon 29er Singlespeed Build' purchased from Dashine. Upon his review and build I also just ordered the frame (and a cool bar). The contact so far is a delight. Quick and precise answers. It took them about 5 work days to send the frame. The tracking says it landed in Switzerland already (2 days later). Let's see if my frame is just as nice as xcbarny's.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:34:57 AM by maui400 »

xcbarny

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:52:34 PM »
Yes that frame looks to be the same as the Dashine bike frame that I have.

I went with Dashinebike because they have been on Alibaba a lot longer than most other suppliers, so that gave me confidence that they stand by their product - rather than change their name after getting a bad rep like some companies must do.

Personally, I feel that Peter getting such a good reputation, both here and on MTBR, he's been able to charge a premium for his product, that people are willing to pay for. He also charges shipping and a Paypal fee, neither of which I had to pay for with the Dashine.
All in all the equivalent frame would have cost me double from Peter.

Don't get me wrong, the Iplay and Carbonspeed frames are great quality (I have a few friends with them) - its just that for me, I was willing to take the risk on a lesser known (cheaper) company, for a frame that I preferred the geometry of, but as you can read about my experience in the Workswell thread, sometimes this doesn't always go to plan - but that is all part of the 'fun' of buying direct from china.
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html