Author Topic: MB01 - Any experience?  (Read 2331 times)

DirtyForks

MB01 - Any experience?
« on: March 09, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
Hi guys - brand new to building and I want to build a 29er on a budget, slowly upgrading as I go. Was thinking about the 041 vs MB01.

Has anybody built an MB01 or has one? Any experiences with this frame? I know it's new, so there may not be a lot of info on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

SARED

Re: MB01 - Any experience?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:59:06 AM »
I am also looking at the CS-MB01 frame, did you build one? Or did you choose the 041?

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:11 AM »
I'm extremely positive about the 041 after 6000km, 70km climbing and 305 hours on it  :o  :)
I never crashed hard with it, and didn't try or see another bike that would make me change.

However here are some negative points about the 041 that could make you unhappy:
  • It is BB92 only(if that didn't change), so forget to have a serviceable 30mm crank spindle.
    I switched all my BB & cranks to GXP, and didn't feel any stiffness difference with 24mm spindles.
    The RaceFace mini bearings are crap for MTB, and last a muddy ride or two

• The seatstays are rather bulky(but strong too) compared to other frames, and one person here complained his wife had her legs/feet touching them when riding or pedalling.
    I never had that, or see any wearing signs from my feet/legs touching them.

• The bottom purge hole is not well placed.
    The water accumulating from rides, cleaning, rain, etc. goes out only when I put it on the stand.
    Or may be it is just my fork that is too low.

• The routing for the rear derailleur is not the best I saw.
    But I choose another straighter route by the top tube - then the chainstay

gohloum

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »
Yes. I have built 2 MB01 bikes.  I built one for myself and a friend liked it so much we built one for him as well. 

I built mine up with SRAM GX, Hope Brakes, Wheels from Peter, and a few other goodies.  My friend's has Sram OX1 and Hope brakes.  We both have the Fox 32SC Factory fork.  He has Easton wheels. 

I have about 3000 miles on the bike and have tortured it pretty hard.  It's been to some intense trails like Raccoon Mountain, Allatoona Creek, etc.  I ride it regularly at The Quarry which is more suited for full suspension.  I've been very happy with the frame and it handles very well.  Dropping the bar on the inside in a corner will will get you through a turn quick.  I can out corner most of my riding buddies which is good because most of them have more endurance than I do. 

Let me know if you have any questions about the bike.  I know the bike very well and can give you details.

SARED

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 12:39:22 AM »
Thanks carbinazza for the 041 update

On the MV01: it mught be your other post on this forum, i read that the vibration damper have 3-5mm movement. It that correct or is it ridget with no movement (like maby a piece of rubber inside?)
Thanks for replying.