Author Topic: My experience with asiancyclexpress.com thus far  (Read 3421 times)

emoon

My experience with asiancyclexpress.com thus far
« on: March 29, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
Pretty newbish here, mostly a lurker, but I thought it would be worth it to share my experience with others here.

After seeing someones build over on the mtbr forum. I decided on a frame I wanted. I spoke with the person who purchased the frame and he told me he bought it from asiancyclexpress. The price was right and there was a sale going on if you order a frame and a pair of carbon rims. I ordered an FM089 and rims on March 18th. I received an order conformation the following Monday from "Cherry". She said "Please check whether there is mistake on the invoice, if so, contact me immediately. After you confirm, we will handle the order for you immediately." I told her everything looks good. She replied saying, she would like to get it out as soon as possible and will provide a tracking number.

It's March 28th and I get this email "Just checked and found that we had assemble the wheels for you and after quality test will send your package out. But for the bike frames, for the size of the 17" have been out of stock and would you please change to the 15.5"?" (The frame size that was in stock was also the frame size the person from mtbr ordered 15.5). I asked if they had any other 17" frames in stock and she offered me the cheapest frame on their site in 18 inch. At this point I just asked for a refund.

This is it so far... We'll see what she say's tomorrow. I really feel like they pulled a bait and switch here. I would warn people to use caution if ordering from here and ask if there's stock before hand.

Update...

I finally got my refund today, April 19. They wouldn't just return it. Paypal had to take it from them...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:23:32 PM by emoon »

Carbon_Dude

Re: My experience with asiancyclexpress.com thus far
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
Not every story turns out well.  I think that's why I tend to stick with Peter at xmcarbonspeed.com, he at least doesn't seem to play any games with people.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

emoon

Re: My experience with asiancyclexpress.com thus far
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »
Yeah, he quoted me for a frame before I decided to take a chance with these guys. I'll probably just go ahead and buy from carbonspeed once ACE refunds the money.

Thanks, for the advice.  :D