Author Topic: Shopping experiences with bike24.com?  (Read 6064 times)

cmh

Re: Shopping experiences with bike24.com?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »
The wheels on my WW 062 frame have the Aero Comp spokes. Cosmetically, I like them a lot. Other than that, they are spokes and they have held up fine for my 180 pounds and the 300 miles or so that I have put on them. I did not build them or have them built, they were new take offs from a Scott bike. X470 rims, 350 straight pull hubs, and the AeroComp spokes. All total they're right around 1730 grams if I remember correctly.

Wow, Aero Comps on an OEM wheelset? Nice!

I have heard the rumour as well but not yet seen solid proof that they did buy CRC - However if they did, it will be sad for all of us as Wiggle always have been the most expensive and especially their shipping sucks. I hate when big companies kind of gain monopole within a branch :( Bike24 is very often the cheapest of them all and have very good deals most of the time and even as a Dane they are my preferred shop. As a matter of fact I have a Truativ GXP BB coming my way from them right now :D

I heard about the purchase from the GCN Youtube show, they discussed it in one of the recent episodes. I forget which one, otherwise I'd have linked to it. :)

I wonder if Wiggle's shipping has been better for me because I'm in the US. They have free shipping over a certain level, which I've taken advantage of on several occasions. Then again, Chain Reaction does as well...

Patrick C.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 12:42:37 AM »
I got good service from Bike24 on a recent order of hubs, spokes, and tires.  Prices are very good, and they let you order individual spokes for about the same price as other places that only sell by the box, so you can get the exact sizes you need and not have to buy extras if your wheels are less than 72 spokes.   Shipping to the US is around $20 and it took a week, but the shipping cost was more than offset by the savings on other parts. 

cmh

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »
I got good service from Bike24 on a recent order of hubs, spokes, and tires.  Prices are very good, and they let you order individual spokes for about the same price as other places that only sell by the box, so you can get the exact sizes you need and not have to buy extras if your wheels are less than 72 spokes.   Shipping to the US is around $20 and it took a week, but the shipping cost was more than offset by the savings on other parts.

Agreed on the spokes - I got the Aero Comps and AeroLites for the rebuild of the OEM wheel on my bike, happy with the prices. Shipping took a little while but I wasn't in a rush.

I also have a new favorite thing - DT Swiss Squorx nipples with bladed spokes. Torx head on the nipple (inside the rim) so the initial build is suuuuuper easy - use the Squorx tool and hold the spoke with a slotted holder. Getting to higher tension is super easy, although I did break one nipple when I hadn't fully seated the tool before adding tension.