Author Topic: Chinese carbon biases  (Read 3622 times)

Arraider

Chinese carbon biases
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
I've been riding chinese unbranded carbon for 4 years now. A Axman frame 26er. And now a 256SL for a year and a 1/2. Besides the frame i have/had, seatposts, handlebar, water bottle cages, and assorted bits and pieces  ;D

I have zero complaints, you do really get every euro/dollar you pay back. Great value for money. Possibility to custom build, for me is absolutely a must, i really can't pay for a top end brand bike. And really can't pay big money and get mixes quality parts, like a sid fork and a deore crank or like a friend of mine that bought a merida "full xt"... only not, it had deore and slx  ;D.
Custom paint, OMG, how frikin sweet. Is it only me that hate the brands saving the best paint jobs for the top end bikes. Like only the most expensive can have the colour red lol
The money you save on the frame can be put to very good use.

The quality is amazing as long as you don't go to aliexpress and order by lowest price  ;D
If you buy from trusted sellers, you get a good product. It is not gonna fail on the 1st ride and leave you toothless   8)
The warranties (and i can personally attest for this) do work, and very well, better than most brands name bikes

Now came the shitty part. customs, bureaucracy and rampant stupidity.  :-\
Then there's the "haters gonna hate" comments and looks. I have stopped talking bikes on every ride just because of the plain stupidity and xenophobe Chinese speech. I really lost my calm with idiots because of that, sometimes enough is enough i guess. To ride a Chinese bike you gotta have a pretty tick skin.

I still love to ride out of the box, be different  ;D

How about you guys, your experiences?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:27:07 PM by Arraider »

SportingGoods

Re: Chinese carbon biases
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 02:51:53 AM »
I've only had positive feedback on my bike. People are amazed by my bike, the ridiculous weight, the slick look, the huge tires (27.5+). Even one time, someone told me "how much does it cost? 4000€? 6000€?".
Most of the time (I mean everytime but in national championship) people only see my rear wheel going uphill :) They walk when I'm still pushing on the pedals.
And then, I still have to wait for them downhill, even those with full suspension bikes (serious bikes like Canyon Spectral).

So, really, I have no issue riding a Chiner. No idiots around here  8)

EDIT: My first motivation to go the China route was cost at first. Then I quickly realized that it was also the only way to get a unique bike, a bike that fits 100% my ride.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:54:33 AM by SportingGoods »

cmh

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:06:16 PM »
So, really, I have no issue riding a Chiner. No idiots around here  8)

Hey, hey, speak for yourself, buddy.  ;D

RS VR6

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 06:25:20 PM »
So far, I've been happy with my frame...and recently my saddle. I'm still skeptical about things like handlebars and seatposts. Same with full suspension frames. Its seems like the tolerances on the pivots are inconsistent and can lead to issues over which seems like a short period of time. The carbon hardtails have proven themselves to be fairly reliable.

I'm looking to build another 150mm bike in the fall to replace my Pivot. As for now...it looks like it'll aluminum and from a "known" manufacturer.

Arraider

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 07:39:05 AM »
there is no reason not to trust handlebars and seatposts. Can not speek for the rest.  proved and no problems. By the experience of friends and reading reviews, saddles and stems are more problematic and not so recommended.  ;D