Author Topic: Huapu 29er Frame  (Read 3068 times)

tripleDot

Huapu 29er Frame
« on: June 08, 2016, 03:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the comments.  Seriously considering going a Chiner-frame, very nice price-point.

I saw this ad in Facebook.  I believe it's a very good deal.

Promo package for US$510, includes the ff:
CF 29er Hardtail frame (any size, 17 Med is around 1200grams)
Handlebar, seatpost, stem, saddle, and bottle cage (all CF)
Free extra dropout upon request.
FREE shipping worldwide!!!

I don't know what frame model and I haven't read about this company in Chinertown, BikeRadar or MTBR forums.  The contact person is pretty helpful with good enough English skill.  Anyone heard of this company?  What's their reputation?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:53:18 AM by Sitar_Ned »

July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

stockae92

Re: Re: How old is you Chiner Carbon bike?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »
On eBay, there are carbon 29er HT frame for as low as $280 ... but they don't mention anything about warranty :p

The thing is that for purchase like this, I would prefer "some kind of" customer service and warranty, just in case if something didn't come out right, or misaligned, etc.

Peter from xmiplay has good rep here, I haven't purchased anything from him yet. But if I am going for a 057 frame, I would probably go with him (the company)

tripleDot

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 10:44:30 PM »
Thanks stocake92.  It's actually a legit company, much like XMiPlay, Yeoleo, etc.  The warranty is there.  So far, my short communication with the representative had been good.  Based on my readings and understang, it looks like they are trying to take advantage of the fact that the other companies (the usual Chiner suppliers known here) have yet to make a reputation in Philippines.  Thus the promo.  I'm actually considering it.

But before I make that decision, I'd like some tips from you guys.  What are the usual questions (technical frame details) that I need to ask them?  If it helps, I'm planning on using Shimano XT MT8000 (2x11) groupset, no particular fork in mind yet but it's going to be 100-120mm travel.

Thanks.

stockae92

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
Thanks for the info. They do have good prices. I guess i am being caution because eBay sellers are not famous for backing up their products, especially when the term "warranty" is not mentioned. :p

I am looking at the 057, so I will probably in the same boat for frame and component shopping soon

Thanks stocake92.  It's actually a legit company, much like XMiPlay, Yeoleo, etc.  The warranty is there.  So far, my short communication with the representative had been good.  Based on my readings and understang, it looks like they are trying to take advantage of the fact that the other companies (the usual Chiner suppliers known here) have yet to make a reputation in Philippines.  Thus the promo.  I'm actually considering it.

But before I make that decision, I'd like some tips from you guys.  What are the usual questions (technical frame details) that I need to ask them?  If it helps, I'm planning on using Shimano XT MT8000 (2x11) groupset, no particular fork in mind yet but it's going to be 100-120mm travel.

Thanks.

tripleDot

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:24:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. They do have good prices. I guess i am being caution because eBay sellers are not famous for backing up their products, especially when the term "warranty" is not mentioned. :p

I am looking at the 057, so I will probably in the same boat for frame and component shopping soon

I understand the caution thrown in the way of eBay sellers.  This one is actually the personal Facebook account of the sales rep.  She joined a local bike market group which I use as a source when considering upgrading or selling my stuff.

Btw, their warranty is 2 years for frame and 1 year smaller parts.  I assume this is standard, right?

Below is a picture of the frame.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:37:27 AM by tripleDot »

stockae92

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
yeah, i think that warranty is pretty standard

PeterXu

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »

I understand the caution thrown in the way of eBay sellers.  This one is actually the personal Facebook account of the sales rep.  She joined a local bike market group which I use as a source when considering upgrading or selling my stuff.

Btw, their warranty is 2 years for frame and 1 year smaller parts.  I assume this is standard, right?

Below is a picture of the frame.

You might not be interested in Huapu's products anymore if you would like to see the words from my customer ( I can send you screenshot of our conversation ).

Sitar_Ned

Re: Huapu 29er Frame
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
You might not be interested in Huapu's products anymore if you would like to see the words from my customer ( I can send you screenshot of our conversation ).

Hey Peter..

I think it's fine to share information regarding your competition that may help forum members better choose their source - even if it's negative. But I think if you're going to call them out then you should just provide proof in this thread. Post the conversation here for all to see. Lot's of random people will land on this page in the future and read this, and I think it's important to substantiate any negative claims about competitors that may affect their business. So, I respectfully ask you to post the conversation in this thread, or please edit your post and remove any negative comments towards Huapu.

We just want to avoid the forum becoming gossipy in any way.. Let's deal with facts.

Thanks.

PeterXu

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 11:36:05 AM »
You can see the attached conversation between me and my customer who bought frame from Huapu (Tracy Zeng) last year. Sorry I have to remove his name though

Mike_Queyar

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
I was going to order a frame from ebay....but decided on Yoeleo, it says 2 year warranty I hope it doesnt break....but from all my research Yoeleo look more serious company.