Author Topic: Cyclocross Build Advice  (Read 5957 times)

davidriddel

Cyclocross Build Advice
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
G'day,

Has anyone built a chiner cyclocross yet? If so, do you have any advice on the various frames available, brake options and (my nemesis!) crankset/chainline considerations?

Cheers

Dave

N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

davidriddel

Re: Cyclocross Build Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:36 AM »
Well, I went with Yoeleo (yoeleobikes.com) again for my fourth chiner carbon frame, and first cyclocross build -- a 49cm frame for my daughter.

Delivery was 4 days to my door (China to Australia). Very straight forward build, with most parts from chainreactioncycles.com , plus a few odds and ends from the LBS.

Shimano 105 drivetrain and STI shifters, Shimano CX77 cable discs.

N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

cmh

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »
Well, I went with Yoeleo (yoeleobikes.com) again for my fourth chiner carbon frame, and first cyclocross build -- a 49cm frame for my daughter.

Delivery was 4 days to my door (China to Australia). Very straight forward build, with most parts from chainreactioncycles.com , plus a few odds and ends from the LBS.

Looks nice! Sorry I missed the original post. I have a "kinda" chiner 'cross bike - it's a Nashbar aluminum frame with a carbon fork. It's gone through several iterations including flat-bar commuter, but is now a reasonable facsimile of a 'cross bike, with skinny knobbies and all. Your build looks far nicer than mine. :)

WorkingHPRs

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:06:43 AM »
Nice looking bike, looking for an excuse to replace my Boardman CX Team at some point. Are you (& your daughter!) still pleased with it? Anything unexpected?

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
And if it is not too much to ask... how tall is your daughter and how that frame size fits her?
One of my son just asked for a cyclocross for his birthday.

final forum

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
Could you let me know the cost that bike??
i can't seem to find a 105 groupset with disc brakes??
What wheel-set?
and last but no least what is the weight of that beast?

Brad

Asmodeus2112

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »

Nice build. Please follow up if you have time regarding how the frame is doing. What wheelset did you use?