Author Topic: My experience with Peter and xmcarbonspeed  (Read 19790 times)

ChrisCarbon

My experience with Peter and xmcarbonspeed
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:31:20 AM »
Hi guys

Been trolling these forums for quite a while, but now the time has come to introduce myself, and finally write a review, and share my experience dealing with a chineese carbon vendor.

It took some time before I had the guts to contact and order bike parts from china. I was afraid I would get scammed, the parts would be half plastic, half carbon and so on.

But then I found this site. (Halleluja!)

It became quite clear, quite fast, that most people recommended Peter at Xmiplay. I contacted him and almost instantley he replied. Communication was excellent, prices was good. So I ordered a 29er fork and a handlebar I think it was, just to check out if I would get scammed or not.

It was no scam.

Fork and handlebar showed up quite fast at my local post office. I put the fork on my old Scale, and tried it for some time. It was freakin awesome!

In the meanwhile, Peter left Xmiplay and started his own company, Xmcarbonspeed.

I decided to follow Peter, the person that had given me such good customerservice, rather than staying with Xmiplay - the company.

I contact Peter once again and ordered the 057, like so many before me.

Again, communication with Peter was flawless. He sent the frame with no issues at all. I was like a kid at Christmas morning when the package arrived. It only took FIVE days from china to norway, that is crazy fast!!
The frame was packed so well, it litteraly took me 10 minutes to un-pack everything.

Once all the bubblewrap was removed, I was blown away how good looking the frame was(I took the black matt UD one). It was indeed a thing of beauty. Much better looking in real life than on the website.

It took quite some time before I finished my build, going a little back and forth about what drivetrain to use and all that. Eventually landed on full XX1 with XT M8000 brakes and SRAM roam 40 wheels (got them crazy cheap, thats why I use em. Sub 1500g wheels coming up soon!)
Will post pictures and a list of all components in another thread.

While building the bike, I was so impressed with the internal guides. They are much better than many of the guides on high-end frames I've worked on in the past!

As for now, I couldn't be happier. The bike is stiff, responds well, and is all around a joy to ride.

I wanna thank Peter at xmcarbonspeed, for giving me the chance to build the bike of my dreams.
Everything in this prosess has just been a smooth sailing, thanks to Peter. Communication was excellent, he did everything I asked of him. Customerservice was superb, with no issues what so ever.
There is a reason why so many choose to buy from him.

You will not be dissapointed if you decide to do buisness with Peter!!

I am in the prosess of building a new bike, 26er this time.
There is no doubt in my mind where to go..

Thank you for reading, and apologize for any spelling mistakes.

Take care all!

-Chris

MTB2223

Re: My experience with Peter and xmcarbonspeed
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:50 AM »
+1
I've got the same experience!

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 06:36:17 AM »
I keep recommending Peter (now xmcarbonspeed.com) to others because I've always had a good experience when ordering from him.  Also, I have sent Peter multiple emails asking for price quotes for items I was interested in but for one reason or another have not ordered.  Peter's response has always been quick, usually within 24 hours.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bxcc

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
I keep recommending Peter (now xmcarbonspeed.com) to others because I've always had a good experience when ordering from him.  Also, I have sent Peter multiple emails asking for price quotes for items I was interested in but for one reason or another have not ordered.  Peter's response has always been quick, usually within 24 hours.

Haha! I've done the same thing! I just ordered some rims for my wife's bike and I made sure we were going that route before even asking for a price. This order included some custom painted rims and were shipped within 2 weeks of payment. Very very pleased with the service.

grammy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 05:17:45 AM »
Hi, how can I contact Peter.? Thanks.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 07:10:58 AM »
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

grammy

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »
Hi, how can I contact Peter.? Thanks.

email: peterxu1206@gmail.com

Hi, Thanks. i'll contact him and order a rigid fork for my 29er. with all the good reviews of carbon speed and peter i'm sure this is a good quality carbon fork.

SportingGoods

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:00 AM »
Peter just sent me a picture of his booth at Interbike, Las Vegas. I thought you would like to see it as well! Wish I was in Vegas!

ChrisCarbon

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
@grammy:

I have ordered two forks from Peter, and so far they have performed flawless!

ChrisCarbon

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »
Peter just sent me a picture of his booth at Interbike, Las Vegas. I thought you would like to see it as well! Wish I was in Vegas!

Niiiice! Thx for posting the picture  :D

PeterXu

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
Hi guys, this is our new mall website: www.carbonspeedbikes.com , more items will be listed  ;)

carbonazza

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »
Very nice re-design. Your web site looks much better now.

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
Not sure if you guys are friends with Peter on Facebook, but he just posted a link to some pictures of a new frame going through testing. I wasn't surprised to see them, but I do think Peter should really highlight the fact that his frames are rigorously tested on his new site. When I tell people that I ride a Chinese frame, most say it's really sketchy and risky. I think that's not the case at all and it'd be great marketing for Peter if with every frame or set of rims he showed some testing pictures. Just a thought! Link below to the post.

https://www.facebook.com/carbonspeedbikes/posts/1727010464294171

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »
I've had great communication with this company.  Responds to emails in a timely manner. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:24:02 PM by Riot/AlligenceCycleWerks »

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 05:17:54 PM »
I'd say up to two weeks, however with the holidays, maybe it is taking longer to get through customs.  Just keep checking your tracking number.
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA