Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

Xiamen Carbon Full Suspension fattie

(1/6) > >>

element:
I am looking to upgrade my Aluminum full suspension eFat Bike to a carbon Full Suspension using the CS-001 newest full suspension fat bike frame 26er for 177*12mm axle.

My current E-ride is the 19" BikesDirect Sniper with a Bafang BBS-HD pulling 52v from HobbyKing LiPo's... SEE ATTACHED

The plan is to build a 21" Xiamen  CS-001 full suspension fat bike frame 26er for 177*12mm axle using a 3000 watt electric motor

http://xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1402

If someone has experience with this new frame, it would be nice to hear comments

Midwest-MTBer:
No experience with the frame, but out of curiosity why would you want to upgrade to a carbon frame? What is this bike used for primarily?

element:
I am looking at carbon because I can't find another full suspension Fattie that meets my motor mounting configuration.  I like the sniper and after riding it, my hard tail Fatties feel like log trucks. 
I only trail ride and having a second full suspension Fattie is my only excuse... and I never owned a carbon bike before. 
Logic has not been part of the thought process

Midwest-MTBer:

--- Quote from: element on August 01, 2016, 04:59:54 PM ---I only trail ride and having a second full suspension Fattie is my only excuse... and I never owned a carbon bike before. 
Logic has not been part of the thought process

--- End quote ---

Sounds valid enough to me! Honestly if the frame fits your specifications I wouldn't be hesitant to order from Peter. I'm pretty sure most people on here would agree that he stands by his products. If you're more worried about components fitting I would just see if there are any other threads on other sites like pinkbike, mtbr.. etc, where someone has built one. I've never seen an E-Mountain bike before. I did a little reading and it sounds like if you don't mind a little extra weight they can be a blast. I hope you build one up and share with us what it's like. I haven't been through all the threads on here, but as far as I know you're the only one to have mentioned building one on a chiner frame!

jstolar:
I have had the pleasure of building this bike up with two different builds.... one with a Bluto Fork and then with the Lefty. It is by far the best bike I have ever owned and I have owned some pretty nice bikes... I had a Santa Cruz Tall Boy LTc Enve Package and then also a Bronson (same build).... this bike is more stable descending and it climbs like a beast.  If I had it all to do over again, I would order this bike again without question... Peter has been very professional and always got back to me very quickly with all of my questions.  There is not another bike on the market currently that I know of that is built this good and for the price there is absolutely nothing that compares.  I am recommending this bike to all of my friends... currently my bike is taken apart because I just added a Carbon Supermax Lefty Fork for it and I am installing the new Eagle XX1 next week on it... I can't wait to get out on this thing again and ride... it really is a true work of art.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version