Author Topic: How to post a picture  (Read 15399 times)

MTB2223

How to post a picture
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:58 AM »
This 3rd party image hosting site is a great tip of Sitar_Ned. Now I preferred this one over postimg.org.

I made a little manual how to use it. It's so easy. A great feature is to edit the image after you upload the image. But don't forget to check the edit-checkbox before uploading (step 5). If you don't want to edit, skip step 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
When you copied the BB code url (step 11), you can paste it in you forumpost.

Please forgive me for using a picture of my little son over a picture of my Chinese bike as example. (I'm so proud of him)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:58:37 AM by MTB2223 »

Sitar_Ned

Re: How to post a picture
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »
Another way is to upload it to the forum directly without having to use a third party website. The only difference in doing it this way, is there is a limit on how big of a file size/picture you can upload. It's currently set at 512 kb  max image size.

So, if you attempt to upload a picture directly to the forum using this method, and it tells you that your file size is too big than you can refer to the method that MTB2223 outlined above. Also, doing it this way doesn't allow you to change your image size before uploaded - something to keep in mind for really large images.

- First step is to simply start a new post in the thread you want to post pics in.
- After that, you will see a "plus/+" sign next to a link that says "Attachments and other options". Click that plus sign or link just like in the pic below:

- After you click on the plus sign, you will then see a grey button that says "Choose File".. Click on it like below:

- After you click that button, a separate window will pop up with all of your computer files in it.. Find the image you are wanting to upload and and double click it. After you've done that, the name of the pic/file should be next to the grey box where it before had said "No file chosen".

- Then, all you have to do is click "post" in the bottom right corner just as you would when making a regular post on the forums.

Hope that helps some of you out. Thanks for the thread MTB2223.

charlesrg

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:31:03 PM »
please encourage people to upload the pictures here. It usually happens that those picture hosting sites go offline and the forum ends up with broken links. Photobucket is an example one.

emu26

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 06:08:30 PM »
Is there someway to do something about the size of the pics that are getting uploaded at the moment and the way they appear on the screen.  Using a windows PC here and the thumbnails that get dropped into the post are too small to see any real detail. Clicking on the pic takes them to their full uploaded size which in many cases is 3 to 4 times the size of the sites viewing panel which obviously means you don't get to see the whole pic at once and the only other option s to click on the attachment which is then downloaded to my PC, not something I want to be doing on a regular basis.