Author Topic: Stumpjumper YFM018  (Read 994 times)

TheRealCFiddy

Stumpjumper YFM018
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:47:18 AM »
Hello glorious friends my name is TheRealCFiddy and im here to chat about my upcoming build. The stumpjumper frame (link provided at the end of this post for clarification) has almost arrived here at southwest colorado, home of the 1990 world mountain bike championship or some shit like that.

Anywho, I built up a full rigid chinese carbon bike last year and it was great. Now im venturing into the full suspension world with the stumpjumper frame. But my entire 10 year mountain biking tenure has been on a rigid bike so im beginning to feel a little bit overwhelmed specifically on the rear suspension, and the additional hardware versus a rigid frame.

I ordered a 210x55 rear shock, for what thats worth.

The stumpjumper thread on here, not gonna lie, is just so long its difficult to keep up with all of it, so here i am in this thread.

So, hardware seems to be an issue on this frame? Is fixing this as simple as just buying the OEM specialized hardware kit? You guys have a part number or whatever for that?

And i was told something about bushings or something? What are those are where do they go? Rear shock or something, idk im out of my element.

And something about a flip chip or something like that? What does all this mean?

All my parts are ordered (with the exception of the seatpost). Brakes, wheels, fork, shock, drivetrain, bars, brakes, damn near the whole bike. But am i understanding correctly that i'll need to buy hardware, bushings, etc?

Thanks for any help on this. Sorry for my incoherent rambling, im really out of my element on full suspension bikes (hardtails are simple enough).

emu26

Re: Stumpjumper YFM018
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 01:16:46 PM »
You forgot the link.

BruceJR

Re: Stumpjumper YFM018
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 12:28:52 PM »
Is the Seat Tube Angle really 74.1*?