Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 201384 times)

renrew

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »

The weight is great with the equipment. what kind of wheels do you have ... hubs rim weight
thanks

AngelDust

« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2021, 11:06:37 PM »
The bird has (crash) landed  ;D
Amazingly it looks to be unscathed. Only a slight paint notch at the seatpost hole.

Paint is Cameleon blue with a matt finish. From other angles its dark purple - I'll add more pictures later.

Order date: 17-05-2021
Arrival date (in Denmark): 19-08-2021

Will be building it up this weekend.

Nice color
Thanks God its okay

Good luck with the build and enjoy

AngelDust

« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2021, 11:10:41 PM »
Wanna share about my ride impression,
just finished my 75KM ride this morning
i tried to sprint from 30 to 60 km/h and its fine , i don't feel any flex from the frame (note: i change the handlebar and i haven't tried the one that comes w the frame)
I hope you guys satisfied w the frame too

The weight is great with the equipment. what kind of wheels do you have ... hubs rim weight
thanks

are you asking about my build?
i use Hyper X wheels from Lun , 50mm Disc weighted around 1450+- (mine 1480 with valve)

renrew

« Reply #468 on: August 21, 2021, 01:13:00 AM »
I couldn't find the inside width of the rim on the website
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:39:16 AM by renrew »

1Sigma

« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Question on the Handlebars and seatpost.

Did any of you require carbon paste for them or not
This can vary build to build, so just curious how the 168 fares in this regard

UPDATE:  I did not require carbon paste for my build
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:33:53 AM by 1Sigma »
Better than average - Extra Average

AngelDust

« Reply #470 on: August 21, 2021, 10:31:54 PM »

When i did my first ride the seatpost keep sliding down 2 times even though i apply some carbon paste
i will need more carbon paste to keep it in position
but i tried to tightening the seatpost as hard i can but don't put too much force and it works well

jokage

« Reply #471 on: August 21, 2021, 10:42:45 PM »
I couldn't find the inside width of the rim on the website
There's an info in the specification section here: https://www.winspace.cc/hyper-2020 it's 26mm external, 19mm internal

My seatpost is still slipping even with carbon paste. Is there any trick to apply the paste?

AngelDust

« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2021, 02:38:27 AM »

My seatpost is still slipping even with carbon paste. Is there any trick to apply the paste?

Hello , you can try to tighten the screw
I add more carbon paste and tighten the screw more than usual but please be aware of your max torque
It solved my slipping seatpost

renrew

« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
1 question to those who have already assembled.
The saddle elevation on the handlebars is extreme due to the negative stem. How are you coping with it? Otherwise it was 9 cm, with a spacer I am 15. I also don't want to undercut that extreme.

2nd question .. do you have a disc in between or was that how it was?   

FHS

« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2021, 01:43:59 PM »
Hmm, never seen a piece like that. Looks like a thick micro spacer. Where it is now, it looks like it will it will interfere with your internal cablelibg through the head tube.

1Sigma

« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2021, 03:18:13 PM »
Settled service issue with Chris re: paint colour. 

New bike day has finally come!

Here is a pic of major parts. OCD people have at it!
Better than average - Extra Average

renrew

« Reply #476 on: August 22, 2021, 03:32:48 PM »
Hmm, never seen a piece like that. Looks like a thick micro spacer. Where it is now, it looks like it will it will interfere with your internal cablelibg through the head tube.

it wasn't there, I put it under it so it wouldn't get stuck,
or I'm doing something wrong

AngelDust

« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2021, 08:51:04 PM »
The saddle elevation on the handlebars is extreme due to the negative stem. How are you coping with it? Otherwise it was 9 cm, with a spacer I am 15. I also don't want to undercut that extreme.

1. it depends on your body if your body can handle it , you will be fine if not put more spacer or change the handlebar.
2. i'm not familiar with the disc , i don't think it should be there, let's wait for others, mine assembled by mechanic so i don't know about it sorry

fcs01

« Reply #478 on: August 23, 2021, 04:21:12 AM »

I think the 3.5cm of spacers that the frame comes with are about enough for the steerer safety - if you need more, it may be that the frame is too small, or that the frame's geometry is not good for you/your needs. For instance, I ordered a 56cm (182cm), which would have been aggressive but still "friendly",  but I received a 54cm by mistake, which is fine but with a 2cm shorter head tube making it much more aggressive.

About the disc, it doesn't look like it belongs there. What's the purpose of it?

Assembly from the bottom-up: fork, fork race, bottom bearing, head tube, top bearing, compression ring, headset cover, (spacers), handlebar. Obvs the expander plug goes in the fork steerer  ;)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 04:24:39 AM by fcs01 »

renrew

« Reply #479 on: August 23, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
I think the 3.5cm of spacers that the frame comes with are about enough for the steerer safety - if you need more, it may be that the frame is too small, or that the frame's geometry is not good for you/your needs. For instance, I ordered a 56cm (182cm), which would have been aggressive but still "friendly",  but I received a 54cm by mistake, which is fine but with a 2cm shorter head tube making it much more aggressive.

About the disc, it doesn't look like it belongs there. What's the purpose of it?

Assembly from the bottom-up: fork, fork race, bottom bearing, head tube, top bearing, compression ring, headset cover, (spacers), handlebar. Obvs the expander plug goes in the fork steerer  ;)