Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 128951 times)

cybrsrce

Re: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »
Did anyone get a RS Super Deluxe installed? Maybe with the RockShox Megneg Air Can? Did it fit the original link and frame tunnel? I received a new 210x55 SC Heckler version. Top 30x8 -->very nice, bottom 20x8--> new set FOX 22.86 required.

Anyone intending to do some link modding? Interested in a Cascade like modification?
Maybe Cascade can do a mod for us if there are some takers. As they CNC from an aluminum block a light modification of the original file should be possible, if not only for me.

Have a nice day.

Maybe it is an English as a second language difference but I think from your description as well as Haideli that we have fundamental differences of top and bottom.  I believe the all the different SC versions have the 30mm roller bearing at the bottom of the damper which I consider the bottom of the shock.  It also makes the logos "right reading" and not upside down.  That was the primary reason a few of us bought it, it is already tuned for a hightower or similar, etc. only to find out that the mount under the top tube was 30mm not the mount at the lower pivot point.

I purchased a standard eyelet damper to replace it but I may see if there is enough material to be able to remove ~7mm and fit the 30mm roller bearing in the stock link without compromising safety.  We could also ask for the link engineering drawing and have a one off made maybe even with the option for the stock flip chip or in a similar position for a low mode. 

darius72

« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2021, 12:05:50 PM »
Question to all European/German buyers.
How long did it take from Eddy's tracking number mail til frame will be at my home door? Got the mail 9.9.
Service by DPD and my last CN frame (delivery by DPD) was simply dropped without notification, signature, door bell...

I got DPD notification number on 30.8, the frame was probably sent 1-2 days later with WXY; on WXY tracking they say left warehouse on 4.9. As of today it hasn't landed in Europe yet.
My average transit time China-Italy with DPD is 15 days so it should be close; when DPD receives it in Netherlands or Czeck republic it arrives at my door in Italy in 1-2 days.
Waiting with finger crossed  8)

Snacks

« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2021, 12:18:13 PM »
Question to all European/German buyers.
How long did it take from Eddy's tracking number mail til frame will be at my home door? Got the mail 9.9.
Service by DPD and my last CN frame (delivery by DPD) was simply dropped without notification, signature, door bell...

Did anyone get a RS Super Deluxe installed? Maybe with the RockShox Megneg Air Can? Did it fit the original link and frame tunnel? I received a new 210x55 SC Heckler version. Top 30x8 -->very nice, bottom 20x8--> new set FOX 22.86 required.

Anyone intending to do some link modding? Interested in a Cascade like modification?
Maybe Cascade can do a mod for us if there are some takers. As they CNC from an aluminum block a light modification of the original file should be possible, if not only for me.

Have a nice day.

I would be interested in a cascade link that would fit this frame. I also had the idea of asking them but thought there wouldn't be enough interest. So I thought maybe if we can get the dimensions of the cascade link we could ask whomever makes the stock link for tideace to make it

der.radler

« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »
No need to start a mother tongue discussion. Just for clarification.
Let us simply use top/frame/front or bottom/link/rear side. On the SC website it is called front/rear.
I received the shock and was happy to see that the 30mm bushing was top/frame/front side. Still a lot available from 250€ and up @wiggle or bike24. Next will be the megneg if it fits in. Then frame damper is ticked.

Maybe it is worth asking for the interest here for a kind of group order concerning the Cascade link. Unfortunately Haideli was choosing the SC link HI position IMHO, but I do prefer the way down compared to riding up. This leads to one of the main drawback of the SC HIGHTOWER V2, i.e. blowing through travel (even with megneg upgrade for the RS Super Deluxe) on drops and jumps. So light Enduro vs Trail/XC version of the same frame.
If more bottom out resistance through more progression, plus 10mm more rear travel with same shock spec is of interest then the LT link or mullet link might be an option and ...
... with sufficient interest we could convince Cascade to change the file for the CNC process.

Just an idea....

cybrsrce

« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »
No, you're right.  The Heckler eMTB version of the Super Deluxe is the opposite of the others SC bikes so that was my mistake and I didn't intend to offend.

While I like the idea of a low position we don't know how well the factory link handles.  It is a little longer and is supposed to have ~150mm travel already.  I would wait until there is feedback before going through the trouble, it could be great as is.

Although, if we can get the engineering diagram, or somebody here with a frame and CAD knowledge can make one, and make modifications any internet or local CNC house can make them for less than the cost of the Cascade link.  That would assume affordable alloy blocks and reusing bearings or sourcing them elsewhere.  Now I just want the CAD file to play, need to talk to Eddy :)

Snacks

« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »
I purchased a standard eyelet damper to replace it but I may see if there is enough material to be able to remove ~7mm and fit the 30mm roller bearing in the stock link without compromising safety. 

It seems like it could work. Mine measured 28mm without the dust covers and it has a 1mm lip on the inside. So not too much more to shave off.

Although I'd did just get the new standard eyelet damper body in . Was trying to find a how-to or anything on how to swap it. Only found the sram service manual for the super deluxe but that's was for a full 200hr service. My shock is new so doesn't need service. do you know if I were to just replace the damper how much oil do I need to fill it with ?  I got some 7wt but was wondering if I could even just use what was in the "old" damper.

darius72

« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2021, 05:56:44 AM »
Bad news from WXY  :( . Transit time China-Italy is average 15 days but the parcel departs when they fill completely a cargo plane; it can cause delays like this time.

cybrsrce

« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2021, 06:13:47 AM »
It seems like it could work. Mine measured 28mm without the dust covers and it has a 1mm lip on the inside. So not too much more to shave off.

Although I'd did just get the new standard eyelet damper body in . Was trying to find a how-to or anything on how to swap it. Only found the sram service manual for the super deluxe but that's was for a full 200hr service. My shock is new so doesn't need service. do you know if I were to just replace the damper how much oil do I need to fill it with ?  I got some 7wt but was wondering if I could even just use what was in the "old" damper.

I am hoping to simply drain the existing damper into an unused brake bleed syringe without draining the piggyback, shoot the oil in the new damper, swap, done :)  I have done a 200 hour service on a Monarch RC3 and a damper replacement on shocks without a piggyback but I've never done a damper change on one with a piggyback - basically I'm hoping not to make a mess but I am fully prepared for my "simple" plan to fail which would suck because my shock is brand new as well.

der.radler

« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »
Snacks and cybrsrce...
please check PM

cheers

geekbox32

« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »

The Piggy back and damper circuit is pressurized. Once you take off the damper shaft if you didn't depressurize the piggyback, the damper will start to empty itself all over yourself and your workspace.

I ended up using ~100ml of oil to replace all the oil and bleed the circuit. You can probaly get away with a lot less to just bleed the system.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2021, 03:12:20 AM »
Dear All:

The full bicycle available.
If anyone missed the groupbuy A order, then please join the groupbuy B.
Contact us via email, eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Many thanks.
Eddy

Capixaba

« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2021, 05:56:28 AM »
Hi,

New to the forum and just received my frame. M size. Looks good BUT:

Like “riding_truckee”, my seatpost insertion length limited by few imperfections in the downtube (at the connection with horizontal tube). Tried to remove with sandpaper for 2 hours but still a lot to go… This stuff is pretty hard and don’t want to damage the tube by removing too much.

Like “cybrsrce”,  I need to change my bearing eyelet by a standard one on the Super Deluxe I had already purchased before receiving the frame (got the spare already but looking for a tuto).

A new issue (that I have not seen on the forum yet)  is one of the rear triangle thread came damaged .. and has damaged the link bolt.  I will try to repair the triangle insert thread (with a drill tap) but need a new bolt. Contacted winowsport and waiting feedback. Will see.

scourge

« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2021, 03:52:42 PM »
Has anyone used any type of rubber grommet where the cables enter the head tube? If so, which one did you use?

Confused

« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2021, 05:17:14 PM »
Scourge - Sugru lets you make custom shaped ones.

scourge

« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
Ok. I just watched a video on sugru. My wife is gonna go nuts for this stuff.