Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

VB-R-168 Build- A sceptic's experience

<< < (6/6)

cscottride:

--- Quote from: cscottride on April 18, 2022, 08:14:54 AM ---The weather is warming up and I have been able to get out for a few more rides. The bike is fast and handles great!

There is however a clicking coming from the BB area when I pedal. I am trying to determine what is causing this so I can get rid of it. It starts to get annoying on longer rides. Other than that, no issues :D.

I attached a current picture as well.

--- End quote ---

Update on the clicking noise. It was not the BB. It seems that this is coming from the pedals (Look Keo). It was getting worse on my rides so I finally removed them, added grease and reinstalled them. That seems to have stopped the annoying clicking noise.

Takiyaki:

--- Quote from: MikeLowery22 on March 14, 2022, 10:28:01 PM ---Hey how is the geometry of the bike treating you? Also, what size stem did you go with? I’m considering buying this frame but the long reach worries me (lower back pain). If I do get it I’ll have to go with a shorter stem (80mm) and use all the spacers on the steering tube.

--- End quote ---
You should look at the VB-R-066; basically a Canyon Endurace carbon copy with more forgiving geometry and tire clearance. Some "roady" gravel frames might not be bad either. A safe bet is something with less top tube than reach.

Serge_K:

--- Quote from: cscottride on May 24, 2024, 09:54:46 AM ---Update on the clicking noise. It was not the BB. It seems that this is coming from the pedals (Look Keo). It was getting worse on my rides so I finally removed them, added grease and reinstalled them. That seems to have stopped the annoying clicking noise.

--- End quote ---

Same happened to me on a garmin vector pedal a few weeks ago, and the same to a friend on his garmin vector. Took apart, cleaned, greased, click gone.
Pedals are very prone to small click noises.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version