Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

VB-R-168 Build- A sceptic's experience

<< < (2/6) > >>

patliean1:
Nice build!

What is the internal width of the wheels? Thanks

cscottride:

--- Quote from: patliean1 on October 10, 2021, 10:44:48 PM ---Nice build!

What is the internal width of the wheels? Thanks

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Can you confirm which dimension you are referring to? Is this the inner part where the tire bead seats?

I haven't taken exact measurements but I know that my mounted and fully inflated 25mm tires are slightly slimmer than the outside thickness of the rim (this may not help with your question, sorry).

patliean1:

--- Quote from: cscottride on October 11, 2021, 11:03:06 AM ---Is this the inner part where the tire bead seats?

--- End quote ---

Correct. Usually the width is either 19mm or 21mm

I'm interested in building a 168 frameset, but in undecided on wheels at the moment. Looking for something with a wider internal width

OlieSimpson:

--- Quote from: patliean1 on October 12, 2021, 09:20:29 AM ---Correct. Usually the width is either 19mm or 21mm

I'm interested in building a 168 frameset, but in undecided on wheels at the moment. Looking for something with a wider internal width

--- End quote ---

I'm in the process of building my 168 and will be using the Farsports Gravel Carbon rims which are laced to Bitex 312 Hubs with Sapim CX-Ray spokes and brass nipples.

The rim profile is 50mm deep, 24mm wide internal and 30mm wide external, and I'm using 28c tyres which have a lovely profile using this rim width.

The full wheelset is 1440g so relatively light given the depth of the rim. I could have easily knocked off another 200g or so if I'd selected more expensive hubs but didn't have the budget (or the need) for this. Aluminium nipples would save another 30g but are more prone to rust and failure than brass so didn't see this as a worthwhile weight saving.

Overall I'm super happy with the wheelset, and have done around 3,000km on them to date. They are still perfectly true and ride the same as the day they were first put on.Very highly recommended.

Here's a link to my wheelset: https://www.wheelsfar.com/gravel-wheelset-built-with-bitex-straight-pull-disc-hub-p0059.html

Here's the same wheelset with lighter hubs: https://www.wheelsfar.com/gravel-wheelset-built-with-extralite-cyber-spd3-disc-p0105.html

cscottride:
I just received my VB (separate) stem and bars. These will replace the integrated bars that are currently on the bike. First impressions are that they are stiffer than the integrated bars. I will update with pics/thoughts once I get this combo installed (which requires re-routing cables through small bar spaces ::))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version