Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Yishun R068D

<< < (5/9) > >>

PLA:

--- Quote from: moritz_glb on January 12, 2024, 01:57:54 AM ---I’d also be very curious on pictures of built up R068ds if anyone can point me to some.
Even after quite some searching I wasn’t able to find any.

--- End quote ---

Oops I forgot about this, sorry. I'll just confirm with yishun if I can share these photos.

MGB:
I might have to backtrack my statement: https://prorace.be/bikes/tofla/
I´d say the TCRF 068 from TopCarbon because of the spacer-set on the stem.

PLA:

--- Quote from: moritz_glb on January 12, 2024, 09:47:46 AM ---I might have to backtrack my statement: https://prorace.be/bikes/tofla/
I´d say the TCRF 068 from TopCarbon because of the spacer-set on the stem.

--- End quote ---

Yep prorace sell the previous gen r068d

MGB:

--- Quote from: PLA on January 12, 2024, 08:35:30 PM ---Yep prorace sell the previous gen r068d

--- End quote ---

I’d love to see the pictures once you get the clearance from Yishun :)
You seem to know quite a bit about Yishun and the R068, awesome! 

If you don’t mind me asking a bit, what has changed in the new generation?
Is the new generation the one depicted on the Yishun website?
And stepping more into it might you be aware of the price for this frameseand do they still do B2C?
There seems to be contradicting info given even in this thread.

I read you are currently waiting for your own frame, did you also go with wheels from them or do you know if they are recommendable? Pat seems to be quite pleased with them judging by his awesome video on the RBD50Cs but as I’m super new to all this, I’m not quite sure what tradeoffs I have to expect with a wheelset like this in comparison to more established, 1k+ wheelsets.

PLA:

--- Quote from: MGB on January 13, 2024, 03:42:30 AM ---I’d love to see the pictures once you get the clearance from Yishun :)
You seem to know quite a bit about Yishun and the R068, awesome! 

If you don’t mind me asking a bit, what has changed in the new generation?
Is the new generation the one depicted on the Yishun website?
And stepping more into it might you be aware of the price for this frameseand do they still do B2C?
There seems to be contradicting info given even in this thread.

I read you are currently waiting for your own frame, did you also go with wheels from them or do you know if they are recommendable? Pat seems to be quite pleased with them judging by his awesome video on the RBD50Cs but as I’m super new to all this, I’m not quite sure what tradeoffs I have to expect with a wheelset like this in comparison to more established, 1k+ wheelsets.

--- End quote ---

mold changed a bit, geo a bit altered to be a bit more racey, not sure about layup changes. current gen in the biggest size on the yishun site is the updated version. prorace may sell the updated gen frame once their current stock is sold.

dont know about their wheels tbh, i went with farsports wheels since i've been getting farsports for something like 10 or so years and never had an issue.

you can email them direct to ask what they can sell you, it'll depend on your location. some frames can be sold to some places and others to other places, that's why it seems contradicting. also if they have excess stock in a certain frame and size, they may sell it to you regardless of which country you are in. if you do order and they don't have it in stock, you'll need to wait for their next production run and they'll add you in. if you want paint added to that, you'll need to wait for the paint run for that frame run.

not that it matters, but i ordered 3 stems (110, 120, 130) and 2 sets of bars- one from speeder (35 top 40 drop) and one from yishun (36 top 38 drop) to try to get the fit right for this build. i tend to do this with every bike, kinda think it's worth it.

putting shimano di2 on it because i'm still scared of the chinese electronic groupsets because they still seem shit, which honestly kind of hurts the value proposition of a chinese build considering that a used chinese frame is essentially worthless. if i just bought a giant tcr adv sl frame on sale, i can resell it down the line and recoup some of the cost probably up to the point that i'll lose less than the cost of a chinese frame. chinese frame has to go on the wall or in the bin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version