Author Topic: FM1002 / FM1166 - 150mm frame  (Read 49419 times)

FullCarbonAlchemist

Re: FM1002 / FM1166 - 150mm frame
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2024, 12:22:00 AM »
Which were the 4 bearings that were most beat up? I have some guesses…

Were the trunnion bearings among them? That seems to have been common.

My plan is to use the Carbonda provided kit for the F6902 bearings between the rocker and seat stays (if I understand which goes where correctly), and Enduro Max for everything else. The hardware in the kit will be backups in case the main pivot axle or any bolts get stripped/corroded. They’re awfully soft, like the Carbonda provided UDH hangers which I’ve all replaced with Wheels Manufacturing.

Hopefully this and a spring tune (new Shimano 12 speed got one ride last fall and was never fully dialed) will get rid of my various creaks and clunks. I mostly rode my FM1003 last year and wasn’t able to ride nearly enough due to very poor weather in New England…but am eager to get the 1002 back in rotation.

bossman302

Re: FM1002 / FM1166 - 150mm frame
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2024, 03:48:36 PM »
Which were the 4 bearings that were most beat up? I have some guesses…

Were the trunnion bearings among them? That seems to have been common.

My plan is to use the Carbonda provided kit for the F6902 bearings between the rocker and seat stays (if I understand which goes where correctly), and Enduro Max for everything else. The hardware in the kit will be backups in case the main pivot axle or any bolts get stripped/corroded. They’re awfully soft, like the Carbonda provided UDH hangers which I’ve all replaced with Wheels Manufacturing.

Hopefully this and a spring tune (new Shimano 12 speed got one ride last fall and was never fully dialed) will get rid of my various creaks and clunks. I mostly rode my FM1003 last year and wasn’t able to ride nearly enough due to very poor weather in New England…but am eager to get the 1002 back in rotation.

Yes they were. I had already replaced them once with Enduro bearings because the original bearings had pretty much seized. Now on my third set. The others were a main pivot and a rear triangle bearing. Not sure which bearing was causing my god awful creak but its nice having a quiet bike again lol Will see how long that last