Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Epic Evo Clone

<< < (65/67) > >>

turbotoad:
I just ordered a frame from Airwolf via ebay on May 7th. Say it will arrive by June 18th. So far no indication from seller of order status. Hopefully it goes smoothly and it is delivered by then.

Anyway, I saw on the frame specs that the fork offset for this frame is 44mm, but the fork that I have is 51mm offset. How much do you think this will affect the handling?

Mo/RAD:

--- Quote from: turbotoad on May 09, 2024, 10:01:51 AM ---I just ordered a frame from Airwolf via ebay on May 7th. Say it will arrive by June 18th. So far no indication from seller of order status. Hopefully it goes smoothly and it is delivered by then.

Anyway, I saw on the frame specs that the fork offset for this frame is 44mm, but the fork that I have is 51mm offset. How much do you think this will affect the handling?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it was pretty much radio silence from Airwolf when I ordered on ebay. I ended up cancelling that order as they never provided a tracking (even though they said "its ready to ship" for over a week.  It was ordered on march 10th, so hopefully you make out better. My order with AWST via Ali says "shipped" but the tracking number they provided has no status after a couple days- I suspect they got the tracking number but haven't actually shipped it yet.

darkening:
Got classical BB fail of glued in BSA caps... Frame from Airwolf. Lets see what will they say about this situation.

monocongo:
I have had a creak with this frame for months. After re-installing the bottom bracket twice with lots of grease and greasing the linkage bolts it still persists. The main linkage bearings are crunchy already but they seem to be impossible to remove (as if they're glued in). I ended up breaking the bolt that attached the rear shock (see photo). I contacted Airwolf about this and they told me that the bearings should not be removed and that a replacement bolt for the rear shock mount would be $25. I am unable to get the replacement bolt from a local Specialized shop, the only remedy seems to be purchasing a complete hardware kit (https://www.performancebike.com/specialized-epic-evo-suspension-pivot-bolt-kit-black-s200500003/p1237090?gad_source=1)

Overall my experience with this frame and Airwolf has been much worse than expected. The first time I built a bike using a Chinese frame I had great luck, this time the poor quality control has made me rethink ever doing this again.

aeroskiii:
For replacing the bolt you can probably get one custom made pretty easily if you provide dimensions. For the bearings It surprises me that the bearings are non replacable? Is that true?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version