Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 251879 times)

jonathanf2

Not sure if these have been posted on here, but these Kocevlo frame protectors are actually well made. I bought some just to trigger free shipping on small parts I was buying, but they're decent. I was originally using bar wrap to protect the driveside chain stay, but this looks much cleaner. Also the adhesive had no issues with water when I washed my gravel bike. They're cheaper on Pick 3 as well.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806745345539.html

Tijoe

This is an interesting observation versus an interesting find.  On many parts I track prices, I noticed that many Aliexpress stores have significantly raised prices right after this month's "Choice sale" ended.   Specifically, one carbon rim I track has been priced at $115 to $130 all year, and now the store is asking $170.

Is this their attempt at a lead up to the 11-11 sale, so it looks like they are giving a larger discount?   
Is China finally working down their excess inventories?
Are they trying to use the same pricing psychology that Amazon and other big companies use where they raise prices to full retail before advertising it on sale so it seems that we are getting a better deal?

jonathanf2

This is an interesting observation versus an interesting find.  On many parts I track prices, I noticed that many Aliexpress stores have significantly raised prices right after this month's "Choice sale" ended.   Specifically, one carbon rim I track has been priced at $115 to $130 all year, and now the store is asking $170.

Is this their attempt at a lead up to the 11-11 sale, so it looks like they are giving a larger discount?   
Is China finally working down their excess inventories?
Are they trying to use the same pricing psychology that Amazon and other big companies use where they raise prices to full retail before advertising it on sale so it seems that we are getting a better deal?

They probably know everyone is waiting for the 11.11 sale and just raised prices for those who are in rush to get product beforehand. If the price doesn't drop during the sale, I'd just message the seller. Mention the previous price and ask for a seller discount code that you can stack with the 11.11 sale code. I'd leverage competing product and say you'll buy elsewhere. I think the beauty of AliEx is that you can message sellers direct and negotiate in real-time messaging.

KaiDeus

Anyone tried this stem? Seems like the cleanest solution as far as I can see. It is expensive though:
83,39€ | Feuers pinne Voll carbon Fahrrads chaft-10 Grad Rennrads chaft t1000 Kohle faser mtb Leistung dh xc Fahrrad tisch 80/90/110/120mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJfFkX3

Bigbobby1482

Here are some pictures of the chaser flat mount installed. Sadly didn't match the frame colour well :/
There's a lot less material on this than the ztto adapter.
The Titanium torx screws are also pretty soft, almost stripped one of them.
https://imgur.com/a/iYHyRQa

SillyMochi

I'd say close enough. Don't think anybody but you will ever notice it  ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 12:43:58 PM by SillyMochi »

toxin

Anyone tried this stem? Seems like the cleanest solution as far as I can see. It is expensive though:
83,39€ | Feuers pinne Voll carbon Fahrrads chaft-10 Grad Rennrads chaft t1000 Kohle faser mtb Leistung dh xc Fahrrad tisch 80/90/110/120mm

You can get similar from mainstream brands for this price

jonathanf2

Here are some pictures of the chaser flat mount installed. Sadly didn't match the frame colour well :/
There's a lot less material on this than the ztto adapter.
The Titanium torx screws are also pretty soft, almost stripped one of them.
https://imgur.com/a/iYHyRQa

How big is the weight difference compared to standard caliper adapters? I'm planning to do a ceramic piston upgrade to my Zrace XG brakes and I could potentially cut more weight to the calipers with these adapters.

Bigbobby1482

How big is the weight difference compared to standard caliper adapters? I'm planning to do a ceramic piston upgrade to my Zrace XG brakes and I could potentially cut more weight to the calipers with these adapters.
The ztto adapter was 17g with screws so 11 grams saving.
That's for the rear only, front has not arrived yet, but probably even more. Will report once it gets here.

lantz

I have a version of this without the branding and it is mostly great, the only issue is the shim they sent is metal and kind of sharp, so I had to sand it down to avoid damaging the hoses and because it's shimmed, the compression plug doesn't sit exactly perfectly, but doesnt' effect performance is mostly a nitpicky thing for me, haha.

KaiDeus

Can you share the link to the unbranded one, if there is a price difference?
I'm currently torn between a fully integrated system and a bar stem combo and this would be my first choice for a separate bar and stem so far.

jonathanf2

You guys should really keep track of early bird specials. I just received my Elita One carbon seat post for $9 USD and awhile back I received a 3D mesh carbon saddle for about $20 USD. Both listed as early bird items. I think the best thing to do is follow certain stores and filter for NEW products.

TidyDinosaur

You guys should really keep track of early bird specials. I just received my Elita One carbon seat post for $9 USD and awhile back I received a 3D mesh carbon saddle for about $20 USD. Both listed as early bird items. I think the best thing to do is follow certain stores and filter for NEW products.

Yeah, there should be a way to filter for early bird deals. They can be really good. I picked up some hubs at 50% of the normal price (the real normal price, not the +300% fake retail price all sellers list)...

hsaus

An addition to the 'avoid' category: the Onirii PD-06 lightweight SPD-SL compatible pedals recently featured on Trace Velo.

The weight matched the description, and they looked ok on first inspection. However, as others have reported, the grease is thick and sticky, resulting in very slow rotation back to the resting position. So I figured I'd replace that grease with some lighter grease and see if that'd improve the situation.

However, the nut that threads into the pedal body is made of cream cheese, and it disintegrated as soon as I tried to unscrew it. I made triple sure that I was turning in the correct direction and that I used a wrench that fit tight.

Interestingly, in Trace Velo's video, he doesn't actually show the step where he loosens this nut - he unscrews it, but he says he had already loosened it off camera. How he did that is a mystery to me.

AliExpress return & refund request submitted and approved.

KaiDeus

I think they often overtorque bolts in the factories. I have a set of aliexpress pedals where one side was easy to open and the other side was impossible and it completely mangeled the bolthead.
Best practice could be to use an impact driver to unscrew stuck bolts, but i don't have one :)

I happen to actually like a bit of a thicker grease in pedals, because it is more water resistant and easier to clip in. I have some look carbon pedals and those spin like crazy and i hate it, although i got somewhat used to that, but i will replace the lubricant to something thicker in those soon.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:47:21 AM by KaiDeus »