Other Resources > Maintenance, Mechanics, & Tools

What lube?

<< < (4/6) > >>

jefflinde:

--- Quote from: jannmayer on June 29, 2023, 11:46:48 AM ---On a related note, what do people recommend for removing the factory grease? I'm interested in finding the least nasty stuff that will do the job.

--- End quote ---

Hands down best option is buy an ultrasonic cleaner.  If you get a big enough one you can put cassettes and chainrings in there too.  Even jockey wheels and stuff if you are deep cleaning. 

AzureEssence:
We really just need to get on gearboxes and belt drives though.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: jefflinde on October 13, 2023, 10:20:20 AM ---Hands down best option is buy an ultrasonic cleaner.  If you get a big enough one you can put cassettes and chainrings in there too.  Even jockey wheels and stuff if you are deep cleaning.

--- End quote ---

I have a big one, enough for an Eagle cassette.
But it is too big to heat(better results)
So I use pots or bags, with hot water in the big cold bath.
I wouldn't take one that big again.

jonathanf2:
I recently switched to immersive waxing. I was able to get a $9 USD slow cooker and a $20 USD ultra sonic cleaner big enough to hold a bike chain. I didn't want big equipment sitting around, so I kept everything fairly small. Now that I have my waxing system down, the procedure is straight forward and I'm able to do all my chains quite easily. I now enjoy having a clean drivetrain on all my bikes!

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on November 02, 2023, 03:01:37 PM ---I recently switched to immersive waxing. I was able to get a $9 USD slow cooker and a $20 USD ultra sonic cleaner big enough to hold a bike chain. I didn't want big equipment sitting around, so I kept everything fairly small. Now that I have my waxing system down, the procedure is straight forward and I'm able to do all my chains quite easily. I now enjoy having a clean drivetrain on all my bikes!

--- End quote ---

What chemical, if any, do you use to clean new chains ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version