Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 86017 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #600 on: October 07, 2024, 02:55:27 AM »
I would think the middle one. There's no space behind the squared off section of the seatpost.

That would also be my guess.

ByAliTR

« Reply #601 on: October 08, 2024, 02:50:07 PM »
Hello friends.

sram etap axs front gear is short for 53/39. i couldn't install it. is it necessary to change the front gear holder for this? there is a very small difference but it doesn't work unfortunately. does hygge sell a longer front gear holder?

bremerradkurier

« Reply #602 on: October 08, 2024, 03:02:54 PM »
Hello friends.

sram etap axs front gear is short for 53/39. i couldn't install it. is it necessary to change the front gear holder for this? there is a very small difference but it doesn't work unfortunately. does hygge sell a longer front gear holder?

Make the front derailleur mounting slot longer with a rat tail file if you need just 1-2 mm more adjustment.

lkbfreak

« Reply #603 on: October 09, 2024, 04:33:31 AM »
This one fits. I just installed it BUT you will need to take the Dremel to the frame and the hanger...
The new hanger does not fit in the original space because there is a little too much carbon (see pic). I decided to take the risk and ground it away with my Dremel until it fit.
Second problem is that the outer part of the hanger will not fit in the hole of the new hanger. The hole is a tiny fraction to small. So again I took the Dremel and enlarged it by a fraction of a mm until both parts fitted. I did have to adjust the B-screw to increase the gap between upper pulley and lagest cog.

How will this modification affect i.e. the reversal? Like putting back the original hanger? Will it still be securely mounted in a right way? I'm curious since I ordered the exact direct mount hanger. Thx

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #604 on: October 09, 2024, 04:35:09 AM »
How will this modification affect i.e. the reversal? Like putting back the original hanger? Will it still be securely mounted in a right way? I'm curious since I ordered the exact direct mount hanger. Thx

I guess the original will still fit. No guarantees though  :D

Neuron

« Reply #605 on: October 09, 2024, 09:33:25 AM »
The 2023 (non eps?) rim brake version of the frame now seems to be discounted to 480 USD in their website vs the 2024 EPS disc brake version at 640 USD.

A sub 500 carbon frame of this quality is tempting, but perhaps better to go for the EPS mold version.. what do you think

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #606 on: October 09, 2024, 09:46:28 AM »
The 2023 (non eps?) rim brake version of the frame now seems to be discounted to 480 USD in their website vs the 2024 EPS disc brake version at 640 USD.

A sub 500 carbon frame of this quality is tempting, but perhaps better to go for the EPS mold version.. what do you think

So you would take a rim brake instead of disc just for the discount?

Neuron

« Reply #607 on: October 09, 2024, 11:24:42 AM »
 ;D tbh, no particular preference in that area, my good ol rim brakes proved plenty for my sea level rides (apart from really wet conditions), plus the easier to maintain.. But I get the point, maybe it’s time to take the leap and join the disc - side when pulling the trigger on the Hygge model S 2024

roki_vola

« Reply #608 on: October 11, 2024, 01:58:15 AM »
Hi to all,
I’m new in this vintage forum :)
I have a question about hygge :
Which is the torque of stem clamp?
Because yesterday I mounted the fork and the stem but when I tight the cap, the clams slipped out of about 2/3 mm from the position.
I hope you understand because I’m not well in English :)
Thank you.
Romeo

lkbfreak

« Reply #609 on: October 12, 2024, 01:43:22 AM »
Hi to all,
I’m new in this vintage forum :)
I have a question about hygge :
Which is the torque of stem clamp?
Because yesterday I mounted the fork and the stem but when I tight the cap, the clams slipped out of about 2/3 mm from the position.
I hope you understand because I’m not well in English :)
Thank you.
Romeo

The torque for stem bolts is 5 -5.5 Nm and less for the stem cap (cca 4 Nm). Note that you firstly need to torque cap to preload the stem and spacers, and then the stem bolts. Do not exceed the values because you are risking the carbon to crack thus making it unusable. Use the carbon paste on the contact points to improve grip and good luck!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 01:45:01 AM by lkbfreak »

lkbfreak

« Reply #610 on: October 14, 2024, 03:33:46 AM »
It finally arrived!  8)

Had no chance to open the parcel and see the frame but tomorrow is a build day!

Cheers

P.s. My parents put the box wrongly and I protested!  ;D ;D ;D

Stoeptegel

« Reply #611 on: October 14, 2024, 04:00:45 AM »
It finally arrived!  8)

Very nice! How long did shipping take in the end? Mine just departed from Hongkong

lkbfreak

« Reply #612 on: October 14, 2024, 04:46:25 AM »
Very nice! How long did shipping take in the end? Mine just departed from Hongkong

The payment was made on 26th of August and shipping was on September 10th - the plane didn't left so they sent another one on September 13th. One month to my door from there. Arrived in EU on October 4th. It takes 2 week from China to appear in the EU and DPD tracking. My parcel was held a few das in local DPD because they noticed box damage and they were evaluating if they should proceed with delivery or return it to sender! I was so pissed but eventually they opened the parcel and the contents were intact and undamaged. This is Hygge problem because they need to improve their packaging. The shipping box is too weak and the frame is wrapped in the silk foam liner which cannot protect from breakage but only from minor scuffs. I would pay 10 more EUR for a better shipping box if needed than to lose time on returning the damaged frame.

I still need to open the box because it's at my parents house and hopefully everything is ok.

BTW I didn't paid any taxes or import duties  8)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 04:50:32 AM by lkbfreak »

lkbfreak

« Reply #613 on: October 16, 2024, 01:04:09 AM »
So my frame arrived and I got busy assembling the bike.

The frame came in a slightly crumbled box but the content was intact and not damaged, wrapped in what they called silk foam. I spent 20 minutes unwrapping it  ;D

Frame itself is beautiful, well made, inside is smooth with no visible overruns or sharp edges. Brake mount surfaces are faced but could be better. I'm using Juin F1 hydro-mechs and rear caliper did fit (160 mm) by the skin of my teeth. Cutting the fork steerer was a bit scary experience because I never cut carbon which is easy to plunge into with a sharp saw.

The pain in the arse was guiding the cables through the handlebar and there's where I lost most of the time. You need to sort 4 cables (I'm using 105 mechanical) and then guide them through narrow spaces. After lot of struggle, I helped myself by guiding the old shifting cable from the opposite side and it served as a guide for the cable housings to easily go out. Other parts went pretty easily. Still need to do the derailleurs, tighten everything up with the torque wrench, do some adjustments and do the handlebar tape.

The whole bike came around 8 kg's with pedals and bottle cages. Feels solid and light. Had no chance to try it yet but sitting on it feels good in terms of my body position. I'm coming from the endurance geometry (Trek Domane) and I'm almost 50 years old so I left the full stack of spacers (which are aluminum and the C ring is a new design) so I'll be able to adjust the handlebar height eventually if I need to slam it furthermore. Can't wait to ride it but have a busy schedule these days.

Cheers!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #614 on: October 16, 2024, 01:07:43 AM »
Nice watermark :) Smart move.

I like the colour. If you get the chance, post some pictures of it outside in the sun for a better look  :D