Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 43796 times)

Serge_K

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2024, 02:35:06 PM »
From my emails with them, they offered these in size 52:
- 366 at 1130g, US$620 for frame and fork only (seat post is extra but it's standard 27.2)
- 316 light at 950g, US$890 for frame, fork, seat post
- 316 standard at 1100g, I didn't get a price because I wasn't interested in this frame

It just so happens that the Taipei Bike Show is happening this weekend, and I will go check it out.  I know Longteng has a booth, and likely other Chinese OEMs as well.  I'll report back on anything interesting.  (Let me know if anyone has any specific requests or questions in my DMs ... but I won't take requests for Hambini hairdresser pics, sorry....)

I'm interested in anything Long Teng related. I'm super happy with mine, more than the 2 Winow i built at the same time. I like that they're a factory and not a broker like velobuild. My next bike will probably be a 266, so anything that's road, light, disc, and takes 32C, i'm interested in. And ask them to make 36cm bars so I dont have to source them separately :)

On Workswell, i'd be careful. There are a few horror stories on the forum about them, and they're materially more expensive than a lot of peers, but i can't understand why.

Ahodesu05

« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2024, 01:25:48 AM »
It just so happens that the Taipei Bike Show is happening this weekend, and I will go check it out.  I know Longteng has a booth, and likely other Chinese OEMs as well.  I'll report back on anything interesting.  (Let me know if anyone has any specific requests or questions in my DMs ... but I won't take requests for Hambini hairdresser pics, sorry....)

Just got back from the Taipei Bike Show – today was B2B and not open to the public, sh*t!.  I was dying to get in, so I ran down the street to the 7/11 and printed out a bogus business card and got in lol…

Of the Chinese open mold manufacturers, I only saw LightCarbon and Longteng.  Velobuild didn’t attend.  (And I didn’t see a presence from other Chinertown favorites like Elitewheels, Ltwoo, Winspace, Magene, etc.)  But I did get to see the LC017 and the LT266 in person, and got some intel on a new LT301 that will be released in a few months:

LC017: yes the downtube is quite boxy, but in person it looks/feels a bit more rounded than what’s on their website.  And the seat tube is rounded, not at all like the seat tube shown on their website.  Here is a video that I took: https://imgur.com/a/PNHdhI5.  It’s a niiiiice looking frame.

Interestingly, I saw several high-end bikes at the show with similarly boxy down tubes with sharp edges, including the Giant TCR, a Bianchi, a Bianchi Raparto Corse, and a Java Volata that won a gold award at the show: https://imgur.com/a/NEb8cpZ.  I talked to one of the bike designers and asked them about the design choice, and he said that they use less materials to keep the bike light weight, and squares are stronger than curved shapes.  In other words, for an all-arounder, they sacrificed certain aero gains in favor of weight savings.  I’m not engineer so I have no idea if this is true, I’m just relaying what one of the bike designers at the show said to me.

LT266: from my amateur eyes, this looks like a really well-made frame.  Alisa from Longteng was at the show, and she told me that it’s made from a one piece monocoque mold, so they can achieve a higher degree of uniformity and quality control.  The tubes are more rounded than the LC017.  Interestingly, she told me that they are testing an unannounced frame, the LT301, I’m posting the geometry and a short video here: https://imgur.com/a/XvH327j.  It looks to have a more aero profile than the LT266 and LC017 but still weighs under 1000g.  Alisa said they just finished testing the 54cm frame, and are going through tests for the other sizes – it will be a few months before they start selling it, although if anyone wants a 54, it’s available if you contact Alisa directly.  (OT: I asked which brands Longteng acts as OEM for, the only thing I could get out of Alisa was that they make a few frames for Argon.)

Does this help with my bike choice?  I probably will go with one of these and not the Velobuild frames, since I’ve seen and touched them in person.  Between the LC017 and LT266?  I have no idea….

That’s all I have, cheers.

sbellote

« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2024, 06:43:47 AM »
Of the Chinese open mold manufacturers, I only saw LightCarbon and Longteng.  Velobuild didn’t attend.  (And I didn’t see a presence from other Chinertown favorites like Elitewheels, Ltwoo, Winspace, Magene, etc.)  But I did get to see the LC017 and the LT266 in person, and got some intel on a new LT301 that will be released in a few months:
Nice one dude!! Especially finding a way to enter lol
Maybe create a new topic about the bike show as a whole, to share all your photos/videos and prompt discussion on different models? Since this one is focused on LCR017 but it seems you got info on dif frames like the 301 to be launched.

Serge_K

« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2024, 10:05:28 AM »
Just got back from the Taipei Bike Show

You're a hero. Well done and thank you. Alisa is my sales rep at LT. That LT301 looks a LOT like the LT268 that I have, to the point that beyond the frame box, i'm not sure what's different. Weight i guess? Maybe manufacturing process?

The whole "squares are stronger than tubes" sounds wrong. And those boxy tubes look like buses, and buses aren't aerodynamic. Weird. Aero frames always were about tear drop shapes with the tail cut out. Not a box exposed to the wind...

Velobuild is a broker. Light Carbon & Long Teng are factories.

Awesome to learn that LT makes Argon frames, that just upped my bragging rights.

Stoemper

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2024, 04:42:41 AM »
You're a hero. Well done and thank you. Alisa is my sales rep at LT. That LT301 looks a LOT like the LT268 that I have, to the point that beyond the frame box, i'm not sure what's different. Weight i guess? Maybe manufacturing process?

The whole "squares are stronger than tubes" sounds wrong. And those boxy tubes look like buses, and buses aren't aerodynamic. Weird. Aero frames always were about tear drop shapes with the tail cut out. Not a box exposed to the wind...

Velobuild is a broker. Light Carbon & Long Teng are factories.

Awesome to learn that LT makes Argon frames, that just upped my bragging rights.

the tube is under an angle and there is a wheel infront of it. So while its certainly not aero optimised I think the penalty will be minimal, certainly if your not a pro

BalticSea

« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2024, 05:04:17 AM »
Unless the bike is dedicated aero bike, square-ish down tube is fine. Cannondale SuperSix Evo 4 has square downtube as well, yet with Cannondale's own 50mm wheels and 2 piece handlebar it is on par or better with quite a few dedicated aero bikes.

dinorello

« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2024, 08:44:00 AM »
Unless the bike is dedicated aero bike, square-ish down tube is fine. Cannondale SuperSix Evo 4 has square downtube as well, yet with Cannondale's own 50mm wheels and 2 piece handlebar it is on par or better with quite a few dedicated aero bikes.

The downtube on the supersix evo4 is nowhere near as wide or square as the one on the LC-17.  The front facing leading edge of the cannondale supersix evo 4 is rounded and narrower than the backside of the downtube which is squared off which is the opposite of the LC17.  It baffles the mind why the lc17 was designed that way.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:00:27 AM by dinorello »

Stoemper

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2024, 01:52:04 PM »
it's more inline with the Merida scultura (endurance) and the previous model of the factor O2 VAM. 

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 03:04:43 PM by Stoemper »

patliean1

« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2024, 10:24:26 AM »
I emailed LC last night regarding the super light version in size 56. They replied within 3 hours, which was a welcomed surprise. The sales rep was polite, detailed, and it was obvious she was well-informed. All the molds for each frame size are finished, however current production time for a size 56 is one month.

I'm not sure whether or not LC and I will be collaborating as far as video content goes, but the price and initial customer service experience is enough to make me wanna purchase a frameset regardless.

Stoemper

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2024, 01:32:52 PM »
I emailed LC last night regarding the super light version in size 56. They replied within 3 hours, which was a welcomed surprise. The sales rep was polite, detailed, and it was obvious she was well-informed. All the molds for each frame size are finished, however current production time for a size 56 is one month.

I'm not sure whether or not LC and I will be collaborating as far as video content goes, but the price and initial customer service experience is enough to make me wanna purchase a frameset regardless.

I had the same experience with them I dealt with Wendy. Very helpful and patience selecting the parts. I ordered a 56 2 weeks ago. She said back then 54 was also available

Casio20

« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2024, 04:02:06 PM »
Please tell me about the superlight version of lt too, I'm in the market for a new bike

WhityWhite

« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2024, 02:58:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

a short update on my experiences with the LCR017-D in combination with the Elite Edge 45 mm.

I have just returned from my 1-week training camp in Mallorca and after almost 1,000 km and thousands of meters of altitude, I am more than happy to have built this bike.
It just feels right and is a true all-rounder.
At the front in the wind in the group on the flat - up the mountains - down the mountains. There is nothing to complain about.

Here are a few pictures from Mallorca.

Ar26

« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2024, 03:13:50 AM »
Ok very nice. How wide are the tires ?

WhityWhite

« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2024, 04:58:03 AM »
28mm GP5000 STR

dinorello

« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2024, 07:15:45 PM »
Hello everyone,

a short update on my experiences with the LCR017-D in combination with the Elite Edge 45 mm.

I have just returned from my 1-week training camp in Mallorca and after almost 1,000 km and thousands of meters of altitude, I am more than happy to have built this bike.
It just feels right and is a true all-rounder.
At the front in the wind in the group on the flat - up the mountains - down the mountains. There is nothing to complain about.

Here are a few pictures from Mallorca.

Looking good...any issues in the 1,000km shakedown ride?