Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 105429 times)

dinorello

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #630 on: July 14, 2024, 09:43:49 PM »
Did you put foam on the internal cables?  Did you torque the compression bolt on the headset?

Serge_K

« Reply #631 on: July 14, 2024, 10:01:09 PM »
That sound doesn't sound like a hose against the steerer. If you don't route hoses symmetrically around the steerer, you can have a bike that isn't steering neutral, and can make weird noises and you can feel some more resistance on one side than the other. And you usually end up feeling hose(s) pulling back against you.
Now that sounds like a ratchet almost.
If your bearings are smooth in hand, i doubt they would make that sound.
If your hoses are long enough and routed soundly, ditto.
A headset cap or spacers rubbing on a frame shouldn't make that sound either.
There's got to be something weird like an exotic expander plug or something like that that's touching something it shouldn't.
Maybe get a mechanically minded friend to visit you and help with troubleshooting. There's got to be something obvious you haven't thought of, and a fresh pair of eyes could help.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

PLA

« Reply #632 on: July 14, 2024, 10:42:34 PM »
i like your bottle
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

rasch

« Reply #633 on: July 15, 2024, 02:01:35 AM »
Did you put foam on the internal cables?  Did you torque the compression bolt on the headset?
Yeap to both.

But I have only put foam in the downtube section, not on the headtube. Do you guys put there too? I felt that there was not much space in the headtube to put foam there and might end up rubbing. Maybe I can add it still with some bricollage as I have the brakes bled already and would rather not do it again ahah.

As regards torque is all as recommended by LC.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 03:59:40 AM by rasch »

Chiyou

« Reply #634 on: July 15, 2024, 09:52:08 AM »
If you loosen both the expander plug and the stem (at the fork end), does the sound go away (or change)? If yes, it would speak to bits of the headset cap and spacer stack rubbing against each other or the frame.

PaxiH

« Reply #635 on: July 15, 2024, 03:56:30 PM »
Guys, I need your help because this is driving me crazy ahahha. I'm assembling this bike now and I get an annoying creack when turning the handlebar to the left. I lost count on the number of times I've disassembled the handlebar, even switched position of the cables because I thought it was the cables snapping/switching one over the other but doesn't seem so. Any ideas where this can come from?
Sound is pretty much this https://youtu.be/OLKpF25upFo?si=womLqIP3OmNugeRi just much less as i get only two snaps. It's like sth going outside and then inside again. Any ideas?

I think I'm  just missing taking the bearings off but not sure it can be from it as they are new and I put grease on them

I've installed mechanical group set with the internal cable routing handlebar. I routed the cables straight and without crossing. Also installed foam hose over every cable.

There is no noticable resistance in the steering but when I turn the bar more than like 80° there is a cable clicking sound too. Like one of the cables flicks over another cable and hits the frame or fork/steerer.

Not really a problem for me, since I'll never turn the bar that far while using the bike. Just want to share this experience with my first fully internally routed cables.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 03:59:37 PM by PaxiH »

rasch

« Reply #636 on: July 15, 2024, 06:07:16 PM »
I've installed mechanical group set with the internal cable routing handlebar. I routed the cables straight and without crossing. Also installed foam hose over every cable.

There is no noticable resistance in the steering but when I turn the bar more than like 80° there is a cable clicking sound too. Like one of the cables flicks over another cable and hits the frame or fork/steerer.

Not really a problem for me, since I'll never turn the bar that far while using the bike. Just want to share this experience with my first fully internally routed cables.

Thanks. That's exactly my experience ahah

But in any case good news. I was able to get rid of it. Just don't know exactly what did it. swapped the the shifting cables, cleaned the bearings from top, regreased and something seems to have gotten rid of this sound. My guess is on overlapping cables. Other than that seems fine. I have the hose dampner around the down tube. Now I was lazy to remove all the cables and rebleed the system. Let's see if the sound does not reappear

Thanks to all who tried to help

PLA

« Reply #637 on: July 15, 2024, 08:05:58 PM »
i reckon twisted overlapping cables finding position as you turn the bars, too

rasch

« Reply #638 on: July 16, 2024, 02:49:50 AM »
I see that best solution is really a Sram eTap ahahah. Well will have to be for the next build :)

zatopiek

« Reply #639 on: August 05, 2024, 04:10:03 AM »
Update on my bike LCR017-D.

Ride feels great. Still deciding on the final stack height (therefore I didnt cut the fork yet).
Frame arrived in a mint state, paint as well.
I've ordered a no offset seatpost and received a seatpost with 20mm offset. I've contacted LC and they will send a new seatpost with 0 cost to me, at least that was what Carol told me. No tracking no, so far.

General experience so far, glad with the quality, many room to improve and the transit times and QC on the shipment contents. 6,5/10

dinorello

« Reply #640 on: August 13, 2024, 04:03:22 PM »
Looks like Hambini is building a LCR017

« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2024, 08:53:27 AM »
I am both excited for a Hambini video on this frame.  From my experience, if was a fantastic build and has been a great bike, and I would like for its internet cred to be maintained.

One update, while I don't have access to any sort of formal data, all my intuition and imperfect benchmarks on aero has been good despite the shape of the downtube. Riding side by side with others that I know their pm and my other bikes, this one has held up great.

dinorello

« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2024, 11:05:04 AM »
Mind over matter on aero

WhityWhite

« Reply #643 on: August 28, 2024, 12:45:55 AM »
Does Lightcarbon now sell the frame to other brands as well?

Has anyone been able to discover it yet?

Macedingle

« Reply #644 on: August 28, 2024, 05:24:54 AM »
Update on my bike LCR017-D.

General experience so far, glad with the quality, many room to improve and the transit times and QC on the shipment contents. 6,5/10
Total build cost?