Author Topic: japjoe7 Carbonda FM1001 build thread  (Read 12819 times)

jefflinde

Re: japjoe7 Carbonda FM1001 build thread
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2023, 04:18:28 PM »
Got some more stuff I forgot to post the past few weeks. Tubolight wheel inserts, Tubolight valves, Stans tire sealant, Shimano brake oil, Shimano brake fittings, Secret Chain wax, Sram foam grips, RYET 3D carbon Aircode saddle.

Had high hopes for the saddle but just isn't for me. It's nice and cushy but hurst my butt only after riding half a street block. Looks like for now I'm sticking with the Avocet O2 Air 40R I've had for almost 20 years.

I love the Ryet 3D saddle.  i have it on my XC bike and it is really comfortable. 

japjoe7

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2023, 05:49:28 PM »
I love the Ryet 3D saddle.  i have it on my XC bike and it is really comfortable.

I have a bony butt lol prob. why it’s uncomfortable for me. Do you wear a chamois when you ride? I didn’t try it with a chamois yet.

cybrsrce

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2023, 06:16:50 PM »
Got some more stuff I forgot to post the past few weeks. Tubolight wheel inserts, Tubolight valves, Stans tire sealant, Shimano brake oil, Shimano brake fittings, Secret Chain wax, Sram foam grips, RYET 3D carbon Aircode saddle.

Had high hopes for the saddle but just isn't for me. It's nice and cushy but hurst my butt only after riding half a street block. Looks like for now I'm sticking with the Avocet O2 Air 40R I've had for almost 20 years.

I was hoping it was good but I don't get on with it either.  I use it on a drop bar frame on a trainer with a chamois and I can get maybe an hour out of hit before it is too uncomfortable to continue.  Tried it as a reasonable priced experiment instead of the handful of $100-$300 saddles I also find uncomfortable.

japjoe7

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2023, 07:11:32 PM »
She’s going together boys!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 08:54:55 PM by japjoe7 »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2023, 01:18:38 AM »
She’s going together boys!

Looking damned good!

japjoe7

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2023, 06:32:07 PM »
Wheel time

japjoe7

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2023, 06:51:44 PM »
First time lacing a wheel. Man, this is a pita! You really need to be perfect with the amount of turns you make all around. Gunna take the first one apart and do over, tension is all over the place. I gotta say though it’s really nice having the Park Tools to do it.

Boybiskit

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2023, 01:40:39 PM »
First time lacing a wheel. Man, this is a pita! You really need to be perfect with the amount of turns you make all around. Gunna take the first one apart and do over, tension is all over the place. I gotta say though it’s really nice having the Park Tools to do it.

I would HIGHLY recommend this book on wheel building. For the tiny investment it is worth it: https://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php

I printed the lacing / build procedure chapter years ago and use it was a step-by-step guide so I get everything right whenever I build a wheel. I have built dozens of wheels, and still find this really helpful. Last used a week ago when building new wheels for my Miracle FS822 build (240 front / XTR rear on Dartmoor Tomcat with Sapim Lasers and alloy nipples) - and I'm very happy with my work!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2023, 02:12:13 AM »
I would HIGHLY recommend this book on wheel building. For the tiny investment it is worth it: https://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php

I printed the lacing / build procedure chapter years ago and use it was a step-by-step guide so I get everything right whenever I build a wheel. I have built dozens of wheels, and still find this really helpful.

Same here  :) Just get the book. Worth every cent.

japjoe7

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2023, 12:51:25 PM »

I printed the lacing / build procedure chapter years ago and use it was a step-by-step guide so I get everything right whenever I build a wheel. I have built dozens of wheels, and still find this really helpful. Last used a week ago when building new wheels for my Miracle FS822 build (240 front / XTR rear on Dartmoor Tomcat with Sapim Lasers and alloy nipples) - and I'm very happy with my work!

Same here  :) Just get the book. Worth every cent.

Thanks my guy, buying now!

jever98

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2023, 01:06:30 PM »
Hi,

how is your build going along? Any updates? :-)

japjoe7

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2023, 06:35:20 PM »
I pretty much stopped right now. I don’t have the patience to lace the wheels. I think I’m going to either pay someone to do it or buy another set that’s already put together. Everything else is done. I think I may also send the Fox X2 to Fox for service. I think I have air in the reservoir. It winter here so I’m not really riding right now. I’ll wait till after the holidays to make a decision on the wheels.

japjoe7

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2023, 07:42:58 AM »
Bought a full set of extra hardware. $90 shipped from Carbonda. Full bearing measurements are in the FM1001 / FM1156 - 135mm frame thread.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2023, 01:51:55 PM »
Bought a full set of extra hardware. $90 shipped from Carbonda. Full bearing measurements are in the FM1001 / FM1156 - 135mm frame thread.

That’s very reasonable pricing, I’ll have to put in an order for a set. Nice that it seems to come with absolutely everything, as the OEM grommets and bolts aren’t the toughest.

How long did it take to arrive/what carrier did they use?

japjoe7

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2024, 06:57:15 PM »
That’s very reasonable pricing, I’ll have to put in an order for a set. Nice that it seems to come with absolutely everything, as the OEM grommets and bolts aren’t the toughest.

How long did it take to arrive/what carrier did they use?

Took 3 weeks. She had free shipping but it was at least 4 weeks.