Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 30045 times)

jonathanf2

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2024, 03:02:27 PM »
I've used it both w/a drop-bar canti cross-check and a flat bar mtb so far.
I think ppl have swapped coin batteries out in those blips, but it looks a bit surgical. like on a level of changing an iphone screen - not hard per se but fussy and time-consuming.

I just found a how-to tutorial on how to replace the blip batteries.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C13-v1lMaWR/

It would be great if someone could make 3D print of a case that's easy to access. Similar to swapping batteries on a cadence/speed sensor. I'd really like to see LTwoo or Wheeltop explore this option as well. Though I wonder how many patents SRAM has to protect this concept?

It reminds me of my cheap wireless doorbell, which basically does the same thing!

rockerplates.de

« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2024, 10:58:41 AM »
I just found a how-to tutorial on how to replace the blip batteries.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C13-v1lMaWR/

It would be great if someone could make 3D print of a case that's easy to access. Similar to swapping batteries on a cadence/speed sensor. I'd really like to see LTwoo or Wheeltop explore this option as well. Though I wonder how many patents SRAM has to protect this concept?

It reminds me of my cheap wireless doorbell, which basically does the same thing!
we are already working on this problem :-)

amacal1

« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2024, 11:33:12 AM »

That's such a good point. I can't - for the life of me - imagine what stupidity went into the design with NON-REPLACEABLE batteries on something like that. If my $10 PAIR of ant+ speed and cadence sensors can manage to be waterproof, wireless, and have a replaceable battery then surely SRAM can do the same with a critical part of the drivetrain. Actually, it's worse than that. The pair of sensors I have uses the battery cover as a switch - turn the battery cover to the left and it's a speed sensor and turned to the right it's a cadence sensor. Not only does it have a replaceable battery cover, but they innovated a way to make it part of the interface.

Shame on SRAM, for real. Straight to engineer jail.

jonathanf2

« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2024, 12:19:35 PM »
That's such a good point. I can't - for the life of me - imagine what stupidity went into the design with NON-REPLACEABLE batteries on something like that. If my $10 PAIR of ant+ speed and cadence sensors can manage to be waterproof, wireless, and have a replaceable battery then surely SRAM can do the same with a critical part of the drivetrain. Actually, it's worse than that. The pair of sensors I have uses the battery cover as a switch - turn the battery cover to the left and it's a speed sensor and turned to the right it's a cadence sensor. Not only does it have a replaceable battery cover, but they innovated a way to make it part of the interface.

Shame on SRAM, for real. Straight to engineer jail.

SRAM engineers probably did design it to be replaceable, but then the marketing department said otherwise! I can't stand companies that are market driven in this way. Shimano isn't much better, but I find SRAM much worst in this regards. I'm actually glad LTwoo and Wheeltop are now in the groupset market.

amacal1

« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2024, 01:25:11 PM »
I'm actually glad LTwoo and Wheeltop are now in the groupset market.

Yes. Market economics does work for things like this. SRAM and Shimano can be a little foolish, still, but if they start acting like complete jackasses, then the new companies will start eating their lunch.