Author Topic: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset  (Read 13498 times)

Shinobi_77

Re: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2024, 12:51:00 AM »
I'm using the Xcadey crank in 172.5mm with titanium spindle since ~3 years and so far it is holding up fine.
the Xcadey Gen1 powermeter does not....

About me: ~80kG, 6~8000km per year, road only with loads of climbing in Japan, no races, sprints 1200W peak during Sunday group rides

From my subjective view, the 24mm version adds quite some weight to the Lexon carbon crank vs the DUB version, this is not the case for the Elilee, not sure if the titanium axle is having thinner walls or not. ==> it is not only the material but also about the detail spec (aka titanium grade), the shape as well as average wall thickness, besides others...
That being said, I have not yet seen a single broken titanium axle, not so sure about aluminum ones

raisinberry777

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2024, 12:54:10 AM »
Hopefully they keep the all-black look, much nicer than the loud Lexon graphics on the original.

kubackje

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2024, 01:12:15 AM »
I'm using the Xcadey crank in 172.5mm with titanium spindle since ~3 years and so far it is holding up fine.
the Xcadey Gen1 powermeter does not....

About me: ~80kG, 6~8000km per year, road only with loads of climbing in Japan, no races, sprints 1200W peak during Sunday group rides

From my subjective view, the 24mm version adds quite some weight to the Lexon carbon crank vs the DUB version, this is not the case for the Elilee, not sure if the titanium axle is having thinner walls or not. ==> it is not only the material but also about the detail spec (aka titanium grade), the shape as well as average wall thickness, besides others...
That being said, I have not yet seen a single broken titanium axle, not so sure about aluminum ones

Good to hear your positive experience. Will consider the titanium one as my next update. People on WW are not worried that much about breaking but more about flex that will wear out bearings. But since You tested and it's all good I'm fine.
Power meter for those cransets is another thing to consider. I've also heard mixed opinions about xcadey. It's a shame Magene does not make power meter for Easton mounting. Wonder why?

raisinberry777

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2024, 01:47:50 AM »
Safest bet for power meters is probably Sigeyi

estingo

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2024, 05:26:27 AM »
Yesterday, the LEXON carbon crankset with a Rotor Qrings Qarbon was installed. When I drove a decent amount of km I can report back. It's pretty light and I went for the purple middle with purple bolts.

BB is Cema T47A with internal 77mm, if I measure the outer width is it 94mm
The Lexon crankset has a spindle length of 92 mm

I'm now finishing up and I noticed some play rocking back and forth in the arms, maybe around 2mm, So I tightened it up to the recommended 45 nm of torq. Then the crank is too tight and won't spin freely anymore. For reference, the preload ring is fully to the back and I used in the beginning 2 mm spacers that the BB delivered from Cema delivered with the BB. Then I removed the spacers, I could tighten the crank but it still didn't spin smoothly and freely, the play on the arms was reduced but still there.

The next step was trying it without a pre-load ring and then I could tighten it at 45nm torq and it spins freely and there is no play in the crankset and in the arms that I had before. Is it possible that the preload ring is too wide? The preload ring is 7 mm thick and the thread on the crank spindle is 4 mm high so if I can shave off 3 mm it should work. I think I will try to get the 2 mm off the pre-load ring. But has anyone had the same with a T47a DUB BB?

The spindle length is the same as other brands, which has 92mm.

Using this platform and Google, I couldn't find any solution or if someone had this before, but I can't believe I'm the only one out there with this issue.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 05:29:56 AM by estingo »

kubackje

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2024, 08:09:57 AM »
BB is Cema T47A with internal 77mm, if I measure the outer width is it 94mm
The Lexon crankset has a spindle length of 92 mm

I'm now finishing up and I noticed some play rocking back and forth in the arms, maybe around 2mm, So I tightened it up to the recommended 45 nm of torq. Then the crank is too tight and won't spin freely anymore. For reference, the preload ring is fully to the back and I used in the beginning 2 mm spacers that the BB delivered from Cema delivered with the BB. Then I removed the spacers, I could tighten the crank but it still didn't spin smoothly and freely, the play on the arms was reduced but still there.

The next step was trying it without a pre-load ring and then I could tighten it at 45nm torq and it spins freely and there is no play in the crankset and in the arms that I had before. Is it possible that the preload ring is too wide? The preload ring is 7 mm thick and the thread on the crank spindle is 4 mm high so if I can shave off 3 mm it should work. I think I will try to get the 2 mm off the pre-load ring. But has anyone had the same with a T47a DUB BB?

The spindle length is the same as other brands, which has 92mm.

Using this platform and Google, I couldn't find any solution or if someone had this before, but I can't believe I'm the only one out there with this issue.

Had same problem with other crankset on my t47. Just removed the preload bolt and replaced it with spacers om both sides

estingo

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2024, 09:21:03 AM »
Had same problem with other crankset on my t47. Just removed the preload bolt and replaced it with spacers om both sides

Thanks, I will try to find a spacer that fits.

kubackje

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2024, 10:01:07 AM »
Thanks, I will try to find a spacer that fits.

Just get 29mm spacers from Ali

Ludo

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2024, 10:18:36 AM »
same issue on MTB, the preload bolt had a shoulder that was acting as a spacer, I filed it down and it did the trick