Author Topic: Best carbon wheels for enduro  (Read 250 times)

dasfliege

Best carbon wheels for enduro
« on: June 13, 2024, 04:02:15 AM »
I am searching a nice carbon wheelset for my 170mm enduro. Do you guys have any prefered supplier for such stuff?
The Eliteswheels portfolio does not contain anything specific for enduro, so i don't know how well they handle ruff terrain. Is there any better supplier?

jefflinde

Re: Best carbon wheels for enduro
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 08:29:58 AM »
I think the build of the wheel is more important than the actual carbon rim.  Most brands that offer an enduro rim will be just fine if build well and you run appropriate pressure or a tire insert.  I have some randoms off Ali express that have been going strong for a few years now and then a set from light carbon.  I run a bit more psi than what the industry tells me cause I would rather not strike a rim and traction is not what is holding back my professional racing career.  I am out there for fun and am fast enough for my old bones.  I just want to keep my wheels in one piece. 

These are the LC rims. There are 3 options rated for enduro. 
https://www.lightcarbon.com/mountain-bike-29er-asymmetry-design-mtb-carbon-rims_p75.html

On Ali express just search for enduro carbon rim and look for a good weight/ width that is in line with name brand rims

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 07:53:45 AM »
I am searching a nice carbon wheelset for my 170mm enduro. Do you guys have any prefered supplier for such stuff?
The Eliteswheels portfolio does not contain anything specific for enduro, so i don't know how well they handle ruff terrain. Is there any better supplier?

I've built a wheelset from these rims to ride the Transverdon, a week long enduro race in France, with 2.4 tires.
https://www.lightbicycle.com/AM930-asymmetric-rim-profile-carbon-29-inch-carbon-rims-mtb.html
I buy mostly from them as they have great products and after sale support.

endo.alley

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 12:24:36 PM »
I have had great luck with Nextie wheels.