Author Topic: Trifox warranty  (Read 424 times)

albike

Trifox warranty
« on: June 10, 2024, 01:40:36 AM »
Hello i had issues with a trifox frame, and i contacted them like 12 hours ago, mayby i should Just wait more but they didnt responded, what was your experisnce with trifox warranty?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 01:31:49 AM by albike »

less sugo more tonno

Tijoe

Re: Trifox warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 08:48:47 AM »
TRIFOX WARRANTY SUCKS!   I purchased a 29er carbon fork close to 2 years ago.  It had a defective steering tube.   I contacted them and sent them pictures.   They said they would give me a $20 credit.   I protested with Aliexpress, and they said no refund, that I had to sent the fork back in order to get a credit.   The cost to ship the fork back was about $20 less than I paid for it.  (This has been my most costly loss to date using Aliexpress.) 

The fork itself was beautiful.  Light weight and good looking.   I have always been afraid to try to use it due to the quarter sized divot in the middle of the steer tube.

albike

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 09:10:52 AM »
So i should basically buy a new frame? They didnt even responded tò me, i wrote them at 10pm Yesterday (i am in Italy) and i didnt had any responce about that right now(14:10 pm in Italy) im sad because was a good frame but during a ride i snapped, i am probably going to buy a reputable brand (idk of Scott scale or epic ht), i dont have problema for shopping because its and entire frame and the value Is a bit bigger but i Hope they replace It because It isnt my fault and i am pretty light (68kg)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 09:13:55 AM by albike »
less sugo more tonno

Tijoe

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 12:34:37 PM »
Did you purchase the frame over 90 days ago?   Double check when you purchased it.  You may be able to still request a refund through Aliexpress.   When you start the refund process this gets the store's attention and they usually get back to you very quickly.   I would give them about 3 days to respond before trying to escalate.  If you have had the bike for longer than the warranty, then you likely wont get a refund.  (The main problem for me is the cost of shipping is often as expensive to ship back to China than the frame cost.)   Often, reputable stores will accept pictures and then ship you a new frame.

Trifox:  2 Year (Frame) & Two-Year (Wheelset) Free Warranty Program Trifox Bike offers warranty against manufacturing defects for their products for a period not to exceed two years, from the date of purchase. We will offer a replace or repair(When possible) for the defective parts if applicable.

albike

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 01:29:53 PM »
The frame was bought around 1 year ago, exactly 8/12/22, i bought It in the official website so i dont have any AliExpress warranty, if i have tò ship It back its not cheap but its cheaper than buyng a new branded frame, i think its stupido ti send back a broken frame btw, for example i know that branded frames want a video when you cut or do a big damage to the frame
less sugo more tonno

federic000

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 03:07:47 PM »
What frame is that? How and in which part you snapped it?

albike

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2024, 01:28:17 AM »
The frame was sdy20 and tò be honest i dont know how it snapped , but It certainly not my fault, i had some kind of responce by trifox so i let you know how it goes
less sugo more tonno

albike

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2024, 04:06:23 AM »
In the end trifox didnt warranty the frame because they said that i jumped (used this bike only for gravel riding) and then they never responded again, i wanted tò call the service manager but obviusly never called, then i used a second Number tò see if they Just gosted me or they werent online, they responded in 3 seconds but obviusly when i said Who i was never responded again lol, dont buy a trifox frame because its good until It works then they basically scam you with warranty, the frame had Just One year, for me the problem Is sprinting but they never said tò not sprint, they also never said tò no Jump when i bought the frame tbh, so dont get scammed by trifox
less sugo more tonno

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2024, 05:50:08 AM »
In the end trifox didnt warranty the frame because they said that i jumped (used this bike only for gravel riding) and then they never responded again, i wanted tò call the service manager but obviusly never called, then i used a second Number tò see if they Just gosted me or they werent online, they responded in 3 seconds but obviusly when i said Who i was never responded again lol, dont buy a trifox frame because its good until It works then they basically scam you with warranty, the frame had Just One year, for me the problem Is sprinting but they never said tò not sprint, they also never said tò no Jump when i bought the frame tbh, so dont get scammed by trifox

Bad for you, but it is good to know how Trifox treats their customers... It seems to be like this with a lot of these brand. OG-Evkin did the same to me. They pretend to give 2 years warranty, but if something is wrong they just lie and cheat and ghost you in the end.