Author Topic: Xiamen Carbon Speed 10 years anniversary special promotion  (Read 4201 times)

95s10nj

Re: Xiamen Carbon Speed 10 years anniversary special promotion
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2024, 02:56:58 PM »
I recently came across this post when searching for some gravel wheels and decided to email Peter. Gave him an idea of what I wanted and he emailed me back within a few days with some different options for a custom build. Went with the 40mm deep 26mm inner and 34mm outer, model no. CS-D40CU-33 built with house hubs (ratchet style), 24 Sapim cx-ray spokes and Shimano freehub. Went with no holes in the rim bed for easy tubeless setup and was looking for a sub 1400 gram wheelset. Within about 10 days I received pics of the hoops along with their weight, and within 14 days received pics of the final build along with actual weight of 1349 grams. Received the wheels about 2 weeks later so about a month from the initial order being placed. Setup went easy and I really put them through hell last week on a gravel ride in Vermont and they're still spinning true. Very happy with the purchase and communication from Peter throughout the process. Highly recommended.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 02:59:35 PM by 95s10nj »

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2024, 09:16:38 PM »
That's looking real nice! Lovin' that gravel ride and look. I can't tell with your attached image, but with the 34mm outer width of the rim, what width tire did you put on? I see it's Schwalbe G-ONE branded, but can't tell from the markings your chosen width. And how did it feel at that width?

I recently came across this post when searching for some gravel wheels and decided to email Peter. Gave him an idea of what I wanted and he emailed me back within a few days with some different options for a custom build. Went with the 40mm deep 26mm inner and 34mm outer, model no. CS-D40CU-33 built with house hubs (ratchet style), 24 Sapim cx-ray spokes and Shimano freehub. Went with no holes in the rim bed for easy tubeless setup and was looking for a sub 1400 gram wheelset. Within about 10 days I received pics of the hoops along with their weight, and within 14 days received pics of the final build along with actual weight of 1349 grams. Received the wheels about 2 weeks later so about a month from the initial order being placed. Setup went easy and I really put them through hell last week on a gravel ride in Vermont and they're still spinning true. Very happy with the purchase and communication from Peter throughout the process. Highly recommended.

95s10nj

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2024, 08:06:35 AM »
That's looking real nice! Lovin' that gravel ride and look. I can't tell with your attached image, but with the 34mm outer width of the rim, what width tire did you put on? I see it's Schwalbe G-ONE branded, but can't tell from the markings your chosen width. And how did it feel at that width?

The tires are still the stock Schwalbe G-One Bites in 45c that came on the bike. I was running 35psi in the stock wheels for pavement rides and 30psi offroad. These wheels are definitely firmer at the same pressure so I need to play around with lower pressures. The tires are ok offroad but I'd like to switch to something like a 42 pathfinder or 45 g-one rs for a little more speed on the road. In my area I end up covering a lot of road between gravel/dirt sections and I'll likely be using this as my road bike this winter.

pavlo.k

« Reply #48 on: Today at 04:45:25 AM »
Just received pictures of my wheelset from Peter. Turned out lighter than expected. Paintless finish looks sick

KaiDeus

« Reply #49 on: Today at 04:53:13 AM »
I asked for a quote for a wheelset to compare to the lightbicycle falcon pro turbo wheelset.

I'm torn whether i want some dt wiss 240 or knock off hubs. Are the xmcs in house hubs compatible with dt swiss replacement parts? I would hate to have to realce a new hub, if anything fails.

Edit: Already got a reply from Peter and all i can say is wow, that is some value offered, i will glady chose xiamencarbonspeed.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:01:55 AM by KaiDeus »

pavlo.k

« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:30:39 AM »
I asked for a quote for a wheelset to compare to the lightbicycle falcon pro turbo wheelset.

I'm torn whether i want some dt wiss 240 or knock off hubs. Are the xmcs in house hubs compatible with dt swiss replacement parts? I would hate to have to realce a new hub, if anything fails.

Edit: Already got a reply from Peter and all i can say is wow, that is some value offered, i will glady chose xiamencarbonspeed.
I own a couple of noname Chinese hubs. A set from lightcarbon and r13 from Yuanan. you can use regular ratchet kits from aliexpress or dt swiss, they work perfectly fine. bearings are standard 6902, 6802. My only concern is trying to find a compatible freehub body if you need one