Author Topic: Custom seatposts?  (Read 342 times)

JonathanSiradj

Custom seatposts?
« on: October 14, 2024, 02:45:09 AM »
Hi!

Does anyone know a supplier that can create carbon seatposts on order? Bought the Tavelo Arow frame but would really like to get a 25 mm offset seatpost for it. Not a dealbreaker but would improve my fit slightly.

Best,
Jonathan

Tijoe

Re: Custom seatposts?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 09:31:32 AM »
I would wager, NO!   Probably easier to find a saddle with longer rails that you can push back further on the post than a custom post.

What business would spend all the time and effort to sell one custom seat post?   (Perhaps if you have very deep pockets and pay all of the costs associated with the design, manufacturing, and testing.)

Wet Noodle

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 11:20:47 AM »
First order of business - ask the dealer and the manufacturer.

If there is no off-the-shelf part, this may be just barely diyable.

• Easy, but potentially ugly from up close: Make (or have made) an adapter to get from whichever odd shape to round (assuming the seat tube inner cross section is large enough for a circle of at least 27,2 mm)
  • Involved and not really recommended as a beginner project (looks depending on skill): Get a replacement post and frankenstein an offset saddle mount to it

Takiyaki

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 12:38:21 PM »
First order of business - ask the dealer and the manufacturer.

If there is no off-the-shelf part, this may be just barely diyable.

• Easy, but potentially ugly from up close: Make (or have made) an adapter to get from whichever odd shape to round (assuming the seat tube inner cross section is large enough for a circle of at least 27,2 mm)
  • Involved and not really recommended as a beginner project (looks depending on skill): Get a replacement post and frankenstein an offset saddle mount to it

If it's a wedge type seat post clamp the easy solution will damn near look stock- again assuming the ability for a 27.2 seatpost to fit.

You would also want the adapter to go down a good bit into the seat tube to spread out the load along a decent amount of seat post/seat tube length (so you aren't just concentrating that load along like 1cm of clamp)

Personally, I hate that round seat posts + outside aero fairings aren't the standard. I just don't like proprietary seatposts. Especially in the China brand world, where brands come and go. I ride a Dengfu now, with a round seatpost thankfully.... those guys are long gone lol.

Wet Noodle

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 02:15:44 PM »
If it's a wedge type seat post clamp the easy solution will damn near look stock

Oh, with "ugly" I was referring to the round seat post in the odd-shaped seat tube. The adapter itself could be made mostly invisible, just like any regular seat tube shim.