Author Topic: Coins On Aliexpress website  (Read 340 times)

Tijoe

Coins On Aliexpress website
« on: October 14, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer collect coins on the Aliexpress webpage and that they are trying to slam you to download their App in order to collect coins?

I have the Aliexpress app on an old tablet where I limit its internet connection time.  I found that there is no way I would download their app on my cell phone.  Their app is very invasive collecting data from your phone.  (You have to give all sorts of permissions for them to access data from almost every aspect of your phone.)

Serge_K

Re: Coins On Aliexpress website
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 02:28:43 PM »
I have a Google pixel so that both China and the US get the same chance to spy on me from A to Z. One thing I appreciate on Android is that i have a button to deactivate the microphone. I'm sure it does nothing but illusion of control helps me sleep at night. I also have tape on my selfie camera. But I do have AliExpress app on my phone :/
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Crash217

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 02:45:22 PM »
Can you even use the coins for much on AliEx?  I have nearly 30,000 accumulated over the last few years and they've "saved" me $105 total on numerous orders in that time. 

But I can't remember the checkout system ever using more than 400 or so during any individual purchase.  Would be nice if there was a way to just dump all the coins into a single purchase.

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 03:23:34 PM »
Can you even use the coins for much on AliEx?  I have nearly 30,000 accumulated over the last few years and they've "saved" me $105 total on numerous orders in that time. 

But I can't remember the checkout system ever using more than 400 or so during any individual purchase.  Would be nice if there was a way to just dump all the coins into a single purchase.

I think it depends on the store and items. I notice some stores allow more coins, some little to no coins. They're still nice to have, but not a dealbreaker. Also if you use Paypal, you can also accumulate cash back credit that can be applied to AliEx. Though I still think it's best  to plan purchases around major sales for best discounts.

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2024, 03:32:58 PM »
Even when I could get coins on the web, I didn't as I'm usually browsing ali on the app. Now the daily coin grab from the app is upped to match or pass what you could get from doing both.

I have about 27k in coins, but I really don't even think about it. Its nice to see a small discount at checkout though.
There is the coin page that will feature items with bigger coin discounts, but I don't think I've seen any exceptionally good deals there.
Agree that waiting for the big sales is the way to go.

SirBikealot

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 06:49:44 AM »

was looking for a new gravel wheelset and one of the mid tier elite gave me 2500. But that's by a mile the most i've ever seen.

pushpush

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2024, 10:00:20 AM »
I dont even bother to collect them anymore. The discount isn't ever significant enough to make it worthwhile.

When credits of such small monetary value can be collected faster than you can use them, you know they are a waste of time.

coffeebreak

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2024, 11:39:55 AM »
Earlier this year I received $29 off of Elitewheels rim brake wheelset. Lot of hoops to jump through though... Only applies to one listing of many and that listing can only be found on a special page. Aliex search, coins and app in general is so convoluted I don't know how I ended up on that particular listing. The coin discount was on top of regular coupons. Apart from that I have never ever received a significant discount from coins and find them useless. Close to 27k coins just sitting there and increasing every few days. I don't even do daily coin collection even if I open the app.