Chinertown
Chinese Carbon Road Bikes => Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components => Topic started by: Lupus on September 21, 2026, 11:39:32 PM
-
Hi, everyone!
I was thinking about ordering a road bike frame from Tantan/Seraph, but I ran into a problem with a bunch of different phone numbers and websites that seem to belong to some weirdos: some people reply to messages once a day, while others don’t reply at all. A third person quoted me $150 for painting, even though the price on Taobao is 200–400 RMB ($30–$60). I got the impression that these are just shady people reselling Tantan frames and making money off the paint job.
With this kind of attitude BEFORE making a purchase, I have absolutely no desire to buy anything from them, which is a shame, since they have the largest selection of frames.
Share your experiences—maybe there’s a WhatsApp number that responds quickly and professionally, but I just haven’t found it yet?
Just so you know, I’m not a newbie; I’ve worked with Tideace, Mondince, and Spcycle, and communication with them was quite smooth.
-
Hi, everyone!
I was thinking about ordering a road bike frame from Tantan/Seraph, but I ran into a problem with a bunch of different phone numbers and websites that seem to belong to some weirdos: some people reply to messages once a day, while others don’t reply at all. A third person quoted me $150 for painting, even though the price on Taobao is 200–400 RMB ($30–$60). I got the impression that these are just shady people reselling Tantan frames and making money off the paint job.
With this kind of attitude BEFORE making a purchase, I have absolutely no desire to buy anything from them, which is a shame, since they have the largest selection of frames.
Share your experiences—maybe there’s a WhatsApp number that responds quickly and professionally, but I just haven’t found it yet?
Just so you know, I’m not a newbie; I’ve worked with Tideace, Mondince, and Spcycle, and communication with them was quite smooth.
150$ is the normal price for paintjob at them also on their website seraphbikes.com
If you've fund it cheaper on taobao, then why not order over there?
-
Had no problems with comms after ordering from the Seraph website.
Rose has sent all the replies via email on [email protected]
This is the phone number attached to the correspondence.
+8613378431621
Hope that helps.
-
Not sure what folks the OP is working through, I also used Rose from Seraph/TanTan and had nothing short of a great experience.
-
150$ is the normal price for paintjob at them also on their website seraphbikes.com
If you've fund it cheaper on taobao, then why not order over there?
That's not a normal price—if they're selling it for three times less on the domestic market... Here's the official store on Taobao.
I didn't order directly through Taobao because I feel more comfortable discussing the details in English, and Taobao's customer support isn't required to speak it.
Perhaps they're willing to provide high-quality customer service for three times the price, but that's not entirely fair.
-
That's not a normal price—if they're selling it for three times less on the domestic market... Here's the official store on Taobao.
I didn't order directly through Taobao because I feel more comfortable discussing the details in English, and Taobao's customer support isn't required to speak it.
Perhaps they're willing to provide high-quality customer service for three times the price, but that's not entirely fair.
If you are uncomfortable dealing with Taobao go directly to Seraph or TanTan. Both the Seraph and TanTan websites provide ample contact information, and as others here have already pointed out, they received great customer support going those routes. Problem solved...