Chinertown

Chinese Carbon MTB => 29er => Topic started by: bangacan on September 29, 2026, 12:54:52 PM

Title: Tantan fm122 and 121
Post by: bangacan on September 29, 2026, 12:54:52 PM
Folks, I have the 122. I got it as a warranty replacement for the 121. See the pearl white frame that’s only available as a medium on the Tantan website? That’s mine. I requested that color. It took 10 months to get.

I sure hope someone buys it because I’ve had loads of problems and Tantan has stopped returning my emails. I need to know that I’m not stupid or crazy.

Basically a 190x45 shock does not fit as it’s suppose to. I FINALLY hit it to fit by removing all air from the shock, removing the bolts that connect the seat stays to the rocker arm and then it’s still a struggle to get the front of the rear shock connected. Then comes the real struggle. Reconnecting the seat stays is almost a two person job.

Why is this? When everything is connected like every other frame I’ve had, including the fm 121, you just attach the shock. On this frame when the rocker arm is connected to the seat stays and the yoke your eye to the measurement is 180mm. Not 190.

I know how to use a digital caliper and a ruler. I even bought a bigger digital caliper. Every time I come up with no where close to 190mm.

This sucks. I’m able to ride it but you shouldn’t have to do all these contortions to put the bike together and I totally feel like it’s putting stress on the frame. Both this and the 121 are a joy to ride. It’s a fast bike! But I feel it will fail just like the 121 did. (http://)
Title: Re: Tantan fm122 and 121
Post by: tisun on September 29, 2026, 01:15:26 PM
Hats off to you for being peristent on staying with this brand and model.  I got 121 more than 2 years ago, nothing but issues.  It was fast like you say but it didn't my mind at ease riding it, especially on downhill.  I was talking to Vivian to replace the rear triangle and was told they have stopped producing 121 to work on 122.  I gave up and switched to a SpCycle frame.