Chinertown

Chinese Carbon Road Bikes => Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components => Topic started by: Dewa6975 on October 02, 2026, 03:16:01 AM

Title: Carbon chainrings ?
Post by: Dewa6975 on October 02, 2026, 03:16:01 AM
Currently using XMCS carbon chainrings (V1), love the look and the weight but shifting performance is not good enough for me.
I am looking for carbon chainrings that still offers decent shifting performance. I am aware it won't be as good as Shimano but I really enjoy the look of them.

I got a quote from DFS (see picture) but was looking at other recommendations that have been road tested.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Carbon chainrings ?
Post by: Dan S. on October 02, 2026, 06:47:09 AM
I got a quote from DFS (see picture) but was looking at other recommendations that have been road tested.

Hmm, what’s the point of using carbon chainrings, if they are basically the same weight as the Shimano ones? Just the looks?
Title: Re: Carbon chainrings ?
Post by: Dewa6975 on October 02, 2026, 08:15:07 AM
Hmm, what’s the point of using carbon chainrings, if they are basically the same weight as the Shimano ones? Just the looks?

Yes .