Chinertown
Other Resources => Component Deals & Selection => Topic started by: Freddy__HH on October 03, 2026, 12:46:56 PM
-
Dear Community,
I have a Canyon GRIZL gravel bike with a mechanical 1x11 Shimano GRX. I would like to upgrade the bike with an powermeter - however not willing to spend a fortune ;) From what I understood, most power meters including cranksets are fitted for road bikes and their BB and not for gravel. What would be a cheap option for a reliable PM?
Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards,
Freddy
-
The crankset power meters will fit just fine, they use the same 24mm spindle. Something like the magene pes515 is just a drop in replacement. No change in bottom bracket.
Might need a new chainring but thats about it.
The other option would be pedal based, like the favero assioma pedals.
-
About three threads down is the GEOID PM500 thread. I am running one on my gravel bike (albeit mine is 2x). Basically the same as the Magene, slightly lower rated accuracy and marginally heavier crank; and like the Magene it just works, no drama.
Dirt cheap and also drop in for Shimano.
Have a read of that thread as sure others are using on 1x gravel.
-
I've installed a Geoid PM500 on my Marin Headlands with 1x11 GRX. Works great and chainline is fine. 110 BCD Narrow Wide chainrings are super cheap.
-
The crankset power meters will fit just fine, they use the same 24mm spindle. Something like the magene pes515 is just a drop in replacement. No change in bottom bracket.
Might need a new chainring but thats about it.
The other option would be pedal based, like the favero assioma pedals.
It depends on how wide tires or how big chainring you want to use. I couldnt use my pes505 on my new gravel bike because of clearance, bought some favero spd pedals instead.
-
Same here, GEOID PM500 for the gravel bike with pass quest chainring. But for sure clearance might be an issue depending on your frame.