Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Sitar_Ned

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59
1
29er / MOVED: STEEL Full Suspension
« on: July 11, 2026, 06:12:01 PM »

3
Thread is locked. No unauthorized giveaways allowed. Please message me directly if you would like to set this up.

It has been allowed in the past and then people said they didn't receive the products they were promised and then that reflects negatively on the forum/community.


5
After The Ride / Re: A plea to the admin on picture settings
« on: December 18, 2025, 07:26:38 AM »
Sorry all.. I do agree completely. Definitely needs improvement.

The inevitable move to SMF version 2.1 will have this and multiple other features added. Auto image resizing, mobile compatibility, the ability to tag other users, and a few other features that will be nice to have and have been requested.

This year, we moved the forum to SMF version 2.0.19 and the plan is to move to 2.1 next year. So, while I can't say this issue will be fixed right away, it will be fixed. The update is turning out to be a bit more complicated than the last one due to the mobile compatibility feature being added.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

6
Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components / And the Winner is...
« on: September 10, 2025, 08:20:02 PM »
•

🚨 GIVEAWAY WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨


And the winner is... Chinertown user: RasmusWH



RasmusWH is the lucky winner of the Tideace FM-CR068 Carbon Road Bike Frame! I’ll be sending you a PM to confirm details, then I’ll contact Eddy at Tideacebike to get things rolling. Congrats, and enjoy the new ride!

Thanks to everyone who participated and if you didn’t win this time, better luck next time. We'll try to run more giveaways in the future.

Big thanks to Tideacebike.com for sponsoring this giveaway! They’re also offering a limited time discount: $100 USD off the FM-CR068 frame with code: Tideacebike-CR068 at checkout. Discount code good through September 30th, 2025.



Sponsored by:


Wechat/Whatsapp: +86 18475368733 
Email: [email protected] 
www.tideacebike.com

8
I hesitate to jump in, but just a quick reminder to please keep things respectful and refrain from name calling, shit talking, etc. I know it's easy to fall into that, I have myself many times... The internet can do that to you, lol.

You're free to argue and debate all you want, I'm just asking everyone to please try to aim for an overall community vibe of positivity and respect.

Thanks.

9
Well it's been about 2 months since we migrated to a new server and upgraded the SMF version and there have been zero broken pages since so I think it's safe to say that issue is fixed. Great success.

I agree about the image upload issue. Could definitely be improved and I will look into various options.

Thanks for all the feedback positive and negative. To those that post or message me to say this forum has helped them in some way.. honestly, thank you so much for that. It is a genuine source of positivity for me to hear these things.

Hope everyone has a great day.

10
Tideacebike

just hope it's going to be less shady than the previous giveaway

I believe you are referring to the unofficial and unapproved giveaway thread and not one the forum was involved with. I did see that thread but am not aware of anything "shady" that went on. I let it slide at the time but I guess I should've deleted it. In the future, only official forum approved giveaways will be allowed. I apologize if anything shady went down... I should've looked into it and moderated it a bit more.

If you want to provide more information please PM me, but since your statement is public, I also want to publicly state that we've done probably 10 giveaways in the past and there has never once been anything "shady" on the forum admin's end of things or, to my knowledge, the vendor's end either. Keeping the community's integrity at a high standard is a main priority for me.

11
•

🚨  CHINERTOWN GIVEAWAY  🚨
Enter to Win the TIDEACE FM-CR068 Carbon Road Bike Frame!



We’ve teamed up with Tideace to give one lucky Chinertown member a FREE FM-CR068 frame - a high-performance aerodynamic carbon road racing frame.


How to Enter:
  • Be a registered Chinertown forum member with at least 5 real posts
  • Have a profile avatar image uploaded
  • Post a reply in this thread and type: Tideacebike
       (Optional: please share any feedback you’d like Tideace to consider for future iterations of the FM-CR068 frame!)
  • If I "like" your post that means you've met all qualifications and are officially entered in the drawing.

Entry Deadline:
  • Contest ends in 21 days on September 7, 2025. Winner will be chosen at random and announced in a separate thread.



FM-CR068 Frame Specs:
  • Manufacturer's website product page HERE
  • Frame: T800 carbon fiber, aerodynamic road racing geometry
  • Brake: Disc brake (flat mount, 140/160mm compatible)
  • Axle: Thru axle – Front 12×100mm / Rear 12×142mm
  • Bottom Bracket: T47 (86mm)
  • Headset: 1-1/8" to 1-1/2" tapered
  • Max Tire: 700×32C
  • Internal cable routing – mechanical & electronic groupset compatible
  • Included: Frame, fork, seatpost, headset, thru axles

Available Sizes: XXS / XS / S / M / L / XL 
Finish: Multiple paint options available from Tideace 

**Custom paint and shipping not included in giveaway



Sponsored by:


Wechat/Whatsapp: +86 18475368733 
Email: [email protected] 
www.tideacebike.com

12
29er / Forum Slowdown - Spam Bots
« on: July 22, 2025, 07:58:47 AM »
Just wanted to keep you all updated... I am aware of the site slowdowns happening over the last few days and am working on implementing a fix.

We upgraded the forum software, got the new super fast server... then bam.. hammered by relentless spam bots and the site slows to a crawl. Frustrating.

Hopefully it will be taken care of by end of day tomorrow, just wanted to keep you all in the loop. Really trying to avoid having to  use those annoying "choose which squares contain a motorcycle" things but we may have to go that route.. not sure yet. I'll try everything I can to avoid doing that so if you see those start popping up... I had no choice.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
-SN

13
Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components / Forum Slowdown - Spam Bots
« on: July 22, 2025, 07:51:41 AM »

Just wanted to keep you all updated... I am aware of the site slowdowns happening over the last few days and am working on implementing a fix.

We upgraded the forum software, got the new super fast server... then bam.. hammered by relentless spam bots and the site slows to a crawl. Frustrating.

Hopefully it will be taken care of by end of day tomorrow, just wanted to keep you all in the loop. Really trying to avoid having to  use those annoying "choose which squares contain a motorcycle" things but we may have to go that route.. not sure yet. I'll try everything I can to avoid doing that so if you see those start popping up... I had no choice.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
-SN

14
Component Deals & Selection / AliExpress Coupon Codes
« on: July 08, 2025, 08:47:01 PM »
AliExpress Coupon Code Thread

Use this thread to share and find AliExpress coupon codes and promos.

Guidelines:

- You may post your codes once per day max 
- Including your affiliate code is allowed but only in this thread 
- Don’t post your codes here and then go into other threads to promote them or redirect users back here
- Don't just re-edit the same post. Make a new post for each coupon submission. 

Hopefully, we can keep this organized and useful for people who just want to save a few bucks.



15
Yes, please keep the coupon codes and all coupon talk in the dedicated thread and out of this one. I've pm'd a couple of users to ask but it still persists.

I pinned an existing thread for it but I'll probably just delete it and start an official one myself. You guys can spam your codes in that thread.. add your affiliate codes, whatever.. just don't spam good threads. The coupons do genuinely help some users so if it helps you to post them - cool, but you only get one thread.

I'll go through this thread and delete all the coupon codes and any more that are posted, please report and I will delete them as well.

Thanks,
SN

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59