Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - RiP

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
2
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: 32 inch wheel frames?
« on: September 23, 2026, 02:21:56 AM »
Key elements from this schematic:
  • should be an L size equivalent: 410mm Reach, 621.9mm Stack, 588.3mm TT and 490mm ST;
  • Boost hub spacing: 110x15mm front and 148x12mm rear;
  • 2.4 inch tire clearance;
  • T47 inboard BB (86mm);
  • 68.5º HTA, 74º STA;
  • 1112.2mm wheelbase, 455mm chainstays;
  • frame/downtube storage, front bottle mounted on the frame, above the door;
  • there's a reference to "SRAM 42T", which I assume is the max chainring size, but not sure if it's for the regular or wide crank...


From the shape of this frame, it seems to me it's an adapted 32er convertion/streched version of the Tantan GR267/Mondince FM376 700c gravel frame, also considering the same solution for the front bottle mounted on the frame, above the door...


So, I contacted TanTan bikes about this frame and their response was that, as expected, this model is still in the mold-making stage and the release date has not yet been announced.

3
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: 32 inch wheel frames?
« on: September 22, 2026, 01:06:09 PM »
Curious to know the weight..

I’d place it around the 1400g mark…

4
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: 32 inch wheel frames?
« on: September 22, 2026, 08:58:51 AM »
and there is geometry

Key elements from this schematic:
  • It's an "M" size: 410mm Reach, 621.9mm Stack, 588.3mm TT and 490mm ST;
  • Boost hub spacing: 110x15mm front and 148x12mm rear;
  • 2.4 inch tire clearance;
  • T47 inboard BB (86mm);
  • 68.5º HTA, 74º STA;
  • 1112.2mm wheelbase, 455mm chainstays;
  • frame/downtube storage, front bottle mounted on the frame, above the door;
  • there's a reference to "SRAM 42T", which I assume is the max chainring size, but not sure if it's for the regular or wide crank...


From the shape of this frame, it seems to me it's an adapted 32er convertion/streched version of the Tantan GR267/Mondince FM376 700c gravel frame, also considering the same solution for the front bottle mounted on the frame, above the door...


UPDATE: the frame is an M, not an L.

5
29+ & 27+ / Re: 32” MTB frames or wheelsets yet?
« on: September 21, 2026, 05:48:37 AM »
Guys please check the lightcarbon catalog for 26-27. There's a 32 inch xc bike in it. LCFS932 Anyone else noticed it?
https://de.lightcarbon.com/uploadfile/downloads/2026-2027%20LightCarbon%20Frame+Component%20Catalog%20-V1.pdf

Well spotted! I'll enquire them about it soon...

6
I haven't posted any pictures of mine yet because it still hasn't reached its final(ish) form, as I'm still fidling with stems (lenghts and angles) and handlebars (type/shape and position). Althought it started with a short stem and flat MTB handlebar when building it, I'm now running a long stem (for a L size MTB frame at least), waiting for a longer one to arrive and using an handlebar shape I can't really describe (maybe bikepacking handlebar). Still not sure it won't end up with a short stem again but with a gravel dropbar! :-\

I'm a bit over 300km gravel use on mine and I can only describe the bike handling/32er effect as, well, different... 8)

7
Component Deals & Selection / Re: KORE wheelsets
« on: September 21, 2026, 05:00:37 AM »
Regarding a question I posted a while back on this topic, about the existance or compatibility of a Microspline freehub that could be used on the Kore road wheels hub and never got an answer, now I've found this that could be usefull to others here:
It's the missing MS road freehub that's now available from KORE!  8)

8
Those we're MTB wheels with boost hubs not fitting the bike. Just had them in there loosely, but it was fine.
The XC RH measure 61mm on 30mm id rims.


The frame you had, shown in the pictures you posted, was it in raw carbon glossy finish or just plain black glossy finish? Also, can you share the final price you paid for the frame and fork, I guess you chose DPD dutty free delivery to Europe included, right?


I have a set of older carbon gravel wheels with 24 or 25mm ID (can't remember exactly) I'm not using right now, but I could use those with the 2.4 Scorpion XC RH and maybe gain a couple of mm's of clearance instead of the newer 30mm ID (or more) wheels...  :-\

9
Correct.

But you had the 2.4's mounted to the frame and fork, there's a picture you shared with them installed. Do you know the ID of those Serenade rims with the 2.4's?

10

The pathfinder tires measure 56,5-57mm and have huge clearance. Threw in the 61mm mtb wheels and they would probably fit as well.


eins4eins, if this frame/fork can take the 2.4 Scorpion XC RH with some minimal clearance, that changes everything for me! :o

Can you please clarify why you stated that they would probably fit? Thanks.

11
It also doesn't help that it is really hard to communicate with them. It took me 3 full day for them to finally agree on sending me this link. They however repeatedly sent me their bank detaills asking me to pay 1000eur before even sending me any specsheet and geometry charts or even a single image.

Yes, been there too at AliExpress with them. Eventually I gave up on the ideia of buying a frame from them...

12
I've asked Jack to send me some proper footage of the frame. The geometry stuff is now sorted, and the one on the website is the final one.



I think this video makes me almost sure about to place an order - looks bloody good IMHO.


Do you know the size of that frame?

13

Yes, they also offer modded internal routing versions of the frame, which never existed on the original Aethos. Internal cable routing is a feature exclusive to the Aethos 2...

As I've said before in this topic, I also think it's the same case with this frame from TaoBao, it's a modded clone of the Aethos 1, not an Aethos 2 clone.

14
This seems to be the aethos 2 clone: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1081735820851

It uses t47 BB, 32c tyre clearance and geometry seems different. Not sure how much of a clone it is in the end.

Can you post some pictures of it from the site you linked? I get a login screen in chinese using that link...

15
I`m 179cm long and have appr. 86cm innerleg length, but don´t have very long arms. I tend to size M, would you agree?
I would like to ride such a frame with 2.2 odr 2.25 tires and for the most rides it should replace my MTB.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same measuments as you, for sure you need an M size on this frame, as me. Regarding the arm length, you'll need to use a shorter stem than me...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12