Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Arlio

Pages: [1]
1
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201
« on: September 18, 2026, 11:38:49 PM »
I'm running my FM336 with all internal cabling and a mechanical 2x setup. I only have 220 miles on the bike so far, but shifting has been crisp. I'm using Shimano Optislick cabling, which may be helping it stay smooth.

Thanks for the feedback frewster! That's encouraging!


2
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201
« on: September 18, 2026, 09:59:49 AM »
The frame arrived today! After looking at the spacers, I realized that what I was trying to do isn't possible at all (which is probably why no one replied).

The integrated spacers are much wider than the steerer tube to make room for internal cables, leaving no space on top of the headset cover to route two cables externally. Alternatively, if I use standard round spacers, there is room on the cover for external entry, but no way to route anything internally through the handlebar/stem. As you can see, you've got a newbie at work here!

So, let me reframe my question: For those of you in this thread who have already built a 2x setup, have you noticed any degradation in shifting performance due to running four cables internally with those tight bends?

As for semi-internal routing: my frame didn't come with a headset cap for semi-internal entry. What would you recommend instead? Would something like the FSA No.69 SRS work?

If I go with the FSA, I understand I'll need to swap the bearings since the FSA ones aren't 45°/45°. Does this headset include rubber grommets to prevent water ingress through the ports? Also, would I need to use a different compression ring than the one supplied with the frame?

Thanks again for any insights!

3
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201
« on: September 16, 2026, 11:17:00 PM »
I am planning to build a bike based on the Tantan GR201 frame. I have already ordered most of the components, and the frame itself is currently on the way.

I have been reading through this very informative thread and have found lots of useful information and inspiration.

There is just one last thing I am still unsure about, and I was hoping someone here could help.

I plan to install hydraulic brakes and a 2x11 mechanical drivetrain, along with the Tantan integrated handlebars. I fear that fully integrated cable routing with all the tight bends might negatively affect shifting performance, so I would like to route the brake lines fully internally and the gear cables semi-internally. Has anyone built a setup like this?

I don't know if I would need a complete headset with spacers or just a top cover with holes for the cables to enter the frame. Ideally, I would like to install some split spacers for easier stem height adjustment. I don't think I've seen a setup like this in the pictures shared in this thread yet.

I have seen references to ACROS and Deda systems here, but I am not sure which models fit this handlebar or if I would need to make any modifications.

Can anyone recommend the right components?

Pages: [1]