Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - yuph1z

Pages: [1]
1
Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: XMCS - 2026 VRT
« on: September 30, 2026, 11:23:57 PM »
Seriously considering purchasing this frame but the main thing stopping me is the UCI approval. It was said that UCI approval could've been gained by August 2026. Considering that they still haven't gotten the approval, does it mean there are some problems with their frame design? I kinda need the UCI approval.

I'm considering using this frame for crit racing and a bit of gravel.
For light gravel, should this frame, combined with Drive SL with 32mm GP 5000 AS TR work that ballons to about 34.5mm? (System weight - 80kg)

Also, I'm considering purchasing their wheels. Thinking of that 34mm external lightweight wheels but not sure if I should get 50mm or 58mm.
Has anyone tried their 58mm wheels? Are they crosswind stable?

According to Peter, they have submitted all the documents and it is pending UCI team to review. I have checked online, it can take UCI up to 6 months to approve upon submission so it is out of their control at this point.

There are a thread in weightweenies that talk about the wheels particularly in 58mm in crosswind. Most of them have positive feedback when it comes to handling crosswind

2
Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: XMCS - 2026 VRT
« on: September 22, 2026, 02:14:41 AM »
What I find interesting is this bike feels different than the vast majority of the Chinese brands I've ridden over the years. In terms of stiffness, responsiveness, and interaction over bad roads. You would think looking at the design the VRT would feel bluntly stiff like a Winspace T1600 or Scott Foil RC Pro. But it actually reminds me a lot of the Tarmac SL8.

The ride feel is refined. I don't find it to be the stiffest bike in the absolute sense, especially the head tube area. But it's right in line with the SL8 which is a great thing. Perfectly balanced. And I've been rotating the same various wheelsets and tires across all my bikes just to keep the bro science constant.
For it to be on par with Tarmac SL8 in terms of comfort is a big statement for a full on aero bike. Can't wait to receive mine next month  :P

Pages: [1]