Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - simon_swiss

Pages: [1]
1
Ran into a snag on size S frame/fork. I cut the fork slammed for only the 12mm headset and the expander plug is too long. There is a ridge on the inside before a not smooth section 40mm from the top. The plug is 50mm. I think if you have a 10mm spacer + the 12mm you will be fine. I'll have to go get a shorter expander plug. Shouldn't affect most except those slamming a size small

Thanks for sharing this info @edfungus. I didn't had this surprise on the radar.

I wonder if the ridge can be filed off, I doubt this is structurally load bearing. Surely the expander plug should make contact on the upper straight part, not be stuck on a remnant of the ridge, so might be difficult with a file.
I checked an old fork, the non-smooth section starts roughly where the outer diameter is expanding.

2
What type of headset is it? In one of the uploaded pictures I can see the bearing dimensions (40 x 51.8 x 8, 45/36).
Is it FSA or Deda DCR compatible? I'd like to run a two-piece cockpit, for example Deda Vinci DCR, with a slammed stem (or only with a minimal height adapter), as the stack of the size S frame is rather high.

What is the rear tire clearance with GRX Di2? It was asked before, but I can't see a reply. My goal would be to fit a 50mm tire. My current bike has 420mm chainstays, 74 deg seat tube, and there is 4-5mm of clearance left to the GRX Di2 FD with a 50mm Schwalbe G-ONE RX on 25mm IW rim (measures 49mm). So perhaps with the 425 mm chainstays of the GRT this could fit? Any thoughts on this?

Pages: [1]