Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - dyed

Pages: [1]
1
The tool seems to be pretty well made, the disc itself is very sturdy and flat. the axle adapters are nicely machined and everything tightens up well, no play. Other than using a metal file, this is my first attempt at facing the mounts to try and get rid of a noisy/vibrating front brake and I don't necessarily know the mount is misaligned in the first place. Certainly, putting the facing disk up against the mounts, they look pretty flat. But using the tool is pretty simple, the spring provides enough pressure that you can just turn it and it starts taking aluminium off.


I bought one on a lark, and my take is that it's a piece of garbage, and not any better than I can do with a hand file.

The alignment of the main structure is fine, but the myriad axle adapters leave a lot to be desired and allow too much slop. Worse, the cutting disc isn't supported on the back side, and flexes easily. If you put any pressure on it at all, you won't have a flat, true surface.

Neat idea, needs a lot of work.

2
I haven't used that model, but I've had one of their older Phantom cranks for about four years now and it's been great.

3
I've used a number of SUMC 11 and 12 speed chains, and I won't do it again. They wear out FAR faster than anything else I've tried.

Frankly, I haven't found a 'cheap' chain that's worth it. They all wear so fast that you're better off financially if you buy a better chain upfront.

My favorite for value is YBN, but you can get some crazy deals on KMC and Shimano at times, just have to be very careful of where you buy them.

Pages: [1]