1
Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components / Re: Evolve Cima GR build / tire clearance
« on: September 28, 2026, 11:17:55 PM »Ok, the frame arrived, and I built the bike over the weekend. The build quality is premium.
The only thing I could really nitpick is the frame storage cover — it looks a bit cheap, although I understand that this probably has something to do with keeping the weight down.
As for the tire clearance, I’m running a Schwalbe G-One RX Pro 50 mm on the front. On my 32 mm internal-width rims, the tire measures 52 mm wide. As you can see in the photo, there’s still plenty of clearance, so it’s absolutely fine.
On the rear, I’m running the same tire in the 45 mm size, which measures 47 mm on my rims. I don’t think the 50 mm RX Pro would fit back there.
As for the ride feel — it’s fantastic. The bike is lively and very responsive for a gravel bike, and surprisingly comfortable at the same time. On my first ride, I did 160 km and felt very comfortable throughout.
So far, I’m really happy with it.
Oh, and the bike is ready to ride, including pedals and all the mounts, and weighs exactly 8.0 kg with the Force E1 groupset and power meter.
Bike looks great! Can I ask when did you place your order? I have a deposit in at Panda Podium, but I'm concerned it may be months before it ships.
