Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 371131 times)

carbonazza

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 04:04:33 AM »
I hope to get one early July if it's not delayed more.
It's reassuring to see some frames already riding as Stevens prototypes.

I look forward for your build reports or questions.

lRaphl

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
It's reassuring to see some frames already riding as Stevens prototypes.

I look forward for your build reports or questions.

Same here! Looking forward for the build!

carbonazza

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »

Any news of your frame ?

ChinaCruz

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »
This does look interesting.

makl

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
https://enduro-mtb.com/ns-synonym-tr-2020-vorgestellt/

The main triangle of the new ns synonym looks a lot like the carbonda.

A friend of mine ordered a large carbonda. I can provide some Info like weight and finish quality when it has arrived.

numberzero

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:05 AM »

Any news of your frame ?
It's supposed to be sent thus tracking doesn't work, process is desperately slow.
edit : it took them almost a week to go to the post office and now they say me the parcel was probably taken out for safety check? anyone heard that about china post?
There's 50% chance i ask a refund soon and stop this comedy.

If you want to buy the frame it seems there is no stock, frames are made on demand and you have to wait for the factory and then test and then finally postage if you're lucky...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 03:08:56 AM by numberzero »

carbonazza

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
Carbonda seem to have been quite reliable in the past.
Maybe just some bad luck this time and patience are needed.
Who were you dealing with ?

numberzero

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
Dealing with Wing, it's not a problem of communication or reliability, i think you can trust them, they seems professional and honest sellers.

It's the global process slow. For example my frame was done july 1st and was only sent july 8th. It's 1 week lost, and now the problem with the post delays me 2 or 3 weeks more.
Not to mention first contact around april 15, they said me 1 month delay... Why advertising for a frame you need in fact 4 months to deliver.

So yes to potential buyers, be really patient. Moreover i think the factory will probably have to build the frames for stevens bike, ns bikes in priority.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:42:39 PM by numberzero »

carbonazza

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:49 AM »
We tend to forget it is not a shop around the corner or an Amazon like experience.
We are our own importer here, and have to deal with the inevitable glitches that sometimes happen in the chain.

I've learned with the years to never rely on a delivery date especially for an event.
In general it works, the frame is in stock, and the shipping takes about 10 days.
But sometimes not and weeks or even months can pass quickly.

circoloco

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
Nice find. Can anyone share the price?

carbonazza

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »
I asked recently... $820 for the Super Light and $630 for the normal
They told me there were production glitches initially, as it is a new frame but they will have many in stock in August.

circoloco

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »
I just received the same answer. ETA for Germany is September. I'm very tempted, as this is finally a Geometry I was waiting for, and even XL is available.
The different weights light vs regular comes from "structure of the carbon layer is different from the raw material"

200 USD for 150g saved... What have you guys ordered? Regular weave/raw or lightweight?

carbonazza

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »
It is a bit more expensive than the usual 1,000€/Kg weight saving cost :D
I'm still a few months from ordering I think.

Corneliz

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 12:28:47 AM »
I'm planning to order a lightweight frame somewhere August-September, so in the winter I can build the bike up. Which size are you guys ordering, just your regular size, or one size smaller due to the length of the bike? Couldn't find any recommendated size based on length on the NS Bikes site yet, neither on the Stevens site.
Actually also curious to know if someone already received the frame, and can tell us more about finishing quality, final weight, etc.

numberzero

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 01:12:07 AM »
I'm planning to order a lightweight frame somewhere August-September, so in the winter I can build the bike up. Which size are you guys ordering, just your regular size, or one size smaller due to the length of the bike? Couldn't find any recommendated size based on length on the NS Bikes site yet, neither on the Stevens site.
Actually also curious to know if someone already received the frame, and can tell us more about finishing quality, final weight, etc.
If you like forward geometry go with your regular size and a short stem, it's what i will do. Or pick a size smaller and use a longer stem but seat tube can be too small.
That's why i think this frame is designed to use stem in the 40mm to 60/70mm(if you're XC lycra rider) range.

First impression, weight check to come...