Author Topic: Xoss/iGPSport, other computer companies?  (Read 5129 times)

kbike

Re: Xoss/iGPSport, other computer companies?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 09:53:43 PM »
I'm interested. Just not sure what price they want. I see really low prices on the 620.

I have wahoo on electronics and their warranty replacement has been 100% no issues no extra costs for me. Just save your receipts for proof of purchase.

Schumo

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2022, 03:42:21 AM »
I've seen that one too. Quick search throws out a shop from Australia, which offers it for $300 AUD.
That's around 210€.
IGS 620 is at ~140€, Garmin Edge 530 ~200€, Wahoo Bolt V2 ~260€.

I know who will have the better software and support, and it's not iGPSport.

1Sigma

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2022, 06:01:22 AM »
I've seen that one too. Quick search throws out a shop from Australia, which offers it for $300 AUD.
That's around 210€.
IGS 620 is at ~140€, Garmin Edge 530 ~200€, Wahoo Bolt V2 ~260€.

I know who will have the better software and support, and it's not iGPSport.

The Bolt and 530 are within that price point and are fairly comparable, spec-wise.  And a lot of Chinese firms still don't have their customer support long-game together yet. 

I am chatting with iGPSport right now.  Let's see what pricethey quote.   I'm interested  just because I've been dying to see if there is a valid Chinese made contender for head units. 

'll report back when I get a quote
Better than average - Extra Average

StiffWeenies

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 02:00:30 PM »
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 03:33:48 PM by StiffWeenies »

1Sigma

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2022, 04:29:04 PM »
Thanks SW. Was totally waiting for someone to come out with one of these.

Not exactly revolutionary technology - i am surprised it didn't happen sooner

kbike

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2022, 08:09:21 PM »
Intelligent brake detection
BRight Strobe if a car is approaching too fast
Auto on off if you aren't moving after 5 mins.

Preorder Jd.com June 13th.

They say it works with devices that use traffic detection but only should megene products. So someone needs to ask if garmin wahoo hammerhead bryton igsports will work. Or be the first to buy and gamble.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2022, 04:31:25 AM »
Where can we buy this?

They're available for pre-order now in China on Tmall/JD but won't ship until like mid June. International customers would probably have to wait a couple months for them to list it on Ali?

I doubt that it'd work with other brand head units. The signal should be your standard ANT+ but to integrate the radar functions requires developer input from the head unit side. Just because your existing head unit supports Varia doesn't mean that it'd also work with the L508.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:33:29 AM by StiffWeenies »

1Sigma

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2022, 03:25:46 PM »
They're available for pre-order now in China on Tmall/JD but won't ship until like mid June. International customers would probably have to wait a couple months for them to list it on Ali?

I doubt that it'd work with other brand head units. The signal should be your standard ANT+ but to integrate the radar functions requires developer input from the head unit side. Just because your existing head unit supports Varia doesn't mean that it'd also work with the L508.

I understand Magene is coming out with a new head unit soon too.
Can’t see how it would integrate with the C406.  It’s a basic LCD unit, with limited customization

StiffWeenies

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 12:40:04 AM »
I understand Magene is coming out with a new head unit soon too.
Can’t see how it would integrate with the C406.  It’s a basic LCD unit, with limited customization

IIRC the only Magene head unit that supports radars right now is the C406 Pro via a software update(?)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:51:36 AM by StiffWeenies »

carbonazza

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »
...International customers would probably have to wait a couple months for them to list it on Ali?...

They said it will be listed in a month on Ali.
Hopefully I'll find sleep till there  :D

1Sigma

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2022, 04:19:49 PM »
IIRC the only Magene head unit that supports radars right now is the C406 Pro via a software update(?)

CORRECTION: I now notice you said C406 Pro.  This one is different. If this is the only compatible unit, I'm out.

Maybe, it’d have to be something of a hack job though, as the screen just lacks anything that would be useful as a visual cue.  Although, it is bloody loud so it could be audio
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:30:16 PM by 1Sigma »

StiffWeenies

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »
CORRECTION: I now notice you said C406 Pro.  This one is different. If this is the only compatible unit, I'm out.

Maybe, it’d have to be something of a hack job though, as the screen just lacks anything that would be useful as a visual cue.  Although, it is bloody loud so it could be audio

Yeah I'm not sure how it'd work either. I've never used a Magene head unit before but the screen seems so low tech that I doubt it could even display an animation fluidly. It's weird because Magene is rumored to be Wahoo's trainer and power meter OEM. Although they might not be directly involved with Wahoo's head unit business, surely they could at least make something with a proper screen?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 01:22:06 PM by StiffWeenies »

Johny.LM

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 10:47:02 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure how it'd work either. I've never used a Magene head unit before but the screen seems so low tech that I doubt it could even display an animation fluidly. It's weird because Magene is rumored to be Wahoo's trainer and power meter OEM. Although they might not be directly involved with Wahoo's head unit business, surely they could at least make something with a proper screen?

They recently released this radar tail light overseas and I I checked some information about this tail light on their website. They said this tail light is compatible with many models of bike computers and watches such as Garmin, wahoo etc.You can check on their website www.magenefitness.com/product_l508.html
I also don't know where to buy it now, but I have communicated with magene Facebook customer service. They told me L508 will be listed on their AliExpress or other online stores soon! To be honest, as the second brand to released radar taillight after Garmin Varia, I am also looking forward to how L508 performs.

Johny.LM

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2022, 10:50:01 PM »

They recently released this radar tail light overseas and I I checked some information about this tail light on their website. They said this tail light is compatible with many models of bike computers and watches such as Garmin, wahoo etc. You can check on their website www.magenefitness.com/product_l508.html