Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 204453 times)

swatracing

Perfect this is what I am searching, best would be to have some similar in an entry price level. But this is better than nothing :-)

Buzzer sound!  Incorrect answer!   Below is a link to what you need.  A Shimano spaced cassette that fits XDR!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804263667198.html

toxin

have to be careful, the ones with the biggest one or two alu cogs are fine, but there are a few that are mostly alu, those are garbage

Yunglord

Buzzer sound!  Incorrect answer!   Below is a link to what you need.  A Shimano spaced cassette that fits XDR!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804263667198.html

That's not shimano spacing but I'm sure you're already aware of that :)

Tijoe

That's not shimano spacing but I'm sure you're already aware of that :)
The one I purchased has very close to Shimano cog spacing.   It is specified for R9270 and R8170 Shimano groups.  I am running one of these. Spacing between cogs is very close to 3.55mm, and not SRAM's 3.65mm.    (I have assumed that the "ULT Series" is referring to Ultegra, not its weight.

I could be wrong, but I was running a Shimano Ultegra 12 speed cassette, and had another 700C rear XDR wheel.  I put on the new wheel with this ZTTO cassette and I didn't have to make any adjustments.  Shifts are as smooth as the Ultegra cassette I was running.

Avalius

Sale again, don't need anything. Will buy something. Goddamn! Who's in this with me? lol
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

gf

Someone has suggestion about reliable torque wrench at good price? thanks

coffeebreak

Sale again, don't need anything. Will buy something. Goddamn! Who's in this with me? lol

I buy stuff every sale regardless of I need it or not  ;D Just ordered some random stuff like a saddle, 11/12s chains, and other bits and bobs. No big purchase though.

jonathanf2

I just ordered another Goldix 3D printed carbon saddle. I did a pretty tough hill climb on that saddle and it was way comfortable.

dsveddy

The one I purchased has very close to Shimano cog spacing.   It is specified for R9270 and R8170 Shimano groups.  I am running one of these. Spacing between cogs is very close to 3.55mm, and not SRAM's 3.65mm.    (I have assumed that the "ULT Series" is referring to Ultegra, not its weight.

I could be wrong, but I was running a Shimano Ultegra 12 speed cassette, and had another 700C rear XDR wheel.  I put on the new wheel with this ZTTO cassette and I didn't have to make any adjustments.  Shifts are as smooth as the Ultegra cassette I was running.

Man I wish I had known this. I've been running one of these ULT cassettes with SRAM Force AXS and the shifting has always been a little finicky and noisy. I had always assumed that if the cassette was XDR it would have SRAM's pitch, and that my problems were a "skill issue". I also had assumed that incompatibility between Shimano and SRAM 12s was overblown since GCN swapped wheels on 2 Canyon models equipped with Shimano and SRAM 12s, and evidently it shifted fine.

Yunglord

Man I wish I had known this. I've been running one of these ULT cassettes with SRAM Force AXS and the shifting has always been a little finicky and noisy. I had always assumed that if the cassette was XDR it would have SRAM's pitch, and that my problems were a "skill issue". I also had assumed that incompatibility between Shimano and SRAM 12s was overblown since GCN swapped wheels on 2 Canyon models equipped with Shimano and SRAM 12s, and evidently it shifted fine.

What type of chain are you using with the above setup?

Shimano and Sram 12s can be mixed to an extent.

Currently running AXS with a 12s Shimano cassette and chain + an 11s ultegra crankset and it works well considering the mix but is it as clean as a full sram setup not really.

Crash217

I’ve been using a WildSide Mimic saddle for 6 months or so and really enjoyed it.

Sadly, today was its last ride.  A big gust of wind hit me as I got airborne and caused me to get really squirrely in the air.  I came down hard on the side of the landing and sat down a bit too hard. 

Bent rails and cracked base.

hazzer19

For those that prefer to order on AliX instead of direct, Velobuild now has a store https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102820506?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.2.13c088Zt88ZtAb

Prices are higher as they include shipping and some sort of handling fee I imagine, so ordering direct is still probably the most economical option.

toxin

Comes out marginally cheaper on ali for me.

srf0638

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anybody got a source for big platform pedals? Looking for something comparable to the Pedaling Innovations Catalyst. Thanks.

00Garza

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anybody got a source for big platform pedals? Looking for something comparable to the Pedaling Innovations Catalyst. Thanks.

Those are a pretty niche product, and typically niche products don't end up having an Ali copy. If they do, they're usually pretty bad.