Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 120082 times)

rockerplates.de

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #885 on: June 23, 2024, 04:17:35 AM »
wow, finally the "official" LTWOO store ships to Germany so we can benefit from the lower prices too.
Well, we have matched all the aliexpress prices on the ltwoo products and are directly in Germany..
Now, as we have dropped the brand they seem to sell directly..
It also helps not getting in trouble, as the electronic products may get inspected by patent lawers soon?
Who knows...
But at the end it does not make to product more reliable and if they really start selling via aliexpress directly as the manufacturer they do destroy loads of possibilities for the future, as the market does not forget this behaviour...

SirBikealot

« Reply #886 on: June 23, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »
Well, we have matched all the aliexpress prices on the ltwoo products and are directly in Germany..
Now, as we have dropped the brand they seem to sell directly..
It also helps not getting in trouble, as the electronic products may get inspected by patent lawers soon?
Who knows...
But at the end it does not make to product more reliable and if they really start selling via aliexpress directly as the manufacturer they do destroy loads of possibilities for the future, as the market does not forget this behaviour...
so you matched the prices but as you dropped LTWOO from your website no one can find this nice deals online?
or am i just too blind to find them?

jonathanf2

« Reply #887 on: June 23, 2024, 07:37:10 PM »
I just want to report some oddities between my 2 separate ER9 setups. Each groupset was purchased from different vendors on AliEx. My 1st ER9 is running FW 1.1 on the RD and FW 1.2 on the FD. My 2nd ER9 is running FW 1.1 on the RD and FW 0.0 on the FD. I'm not sure why the FW between the two groupsets would be different, perhaps there are some internal hardware differences? Also for some strange reason, the 2nd ER9 groupset doesn't seem to show any battery drain. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the batteries or the RD isn't transmitting charge data? Also I was initially covering the power connection port on both ER9 RDs with electrical tape (as a means of weather protection). Though on the 2nd ER9 groupset, doing so interfered with the bluetooth connection to the shifters. The moment I removed the tape, the shifters were able to reconnect.

I'll update any other issues that arise!

rockerplates.de

« Reply #888 on: June 24, 2024, 12:42:05 AM »
so you matched the prices but as you dropped LTWOO from your website no one can find this nice deals online?
or am i just too blind to find them?
Well, we have discontinued the product ER9 and other electonic Groupsets due to bad quality, missing customer service and missing legal certificates for the electronic parts!
we only stock grt systems which are also on sale.
I just mentioned the fact, that we sold them for good prices and aliexpress is not the holy grail :-)
we still have two er9 which do not show online, and these are genuine and untouched and come in original boxes...if you are really intersted, make an offer/contact us via email...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 12:45:06 AM by rockerplates.de »

Serge_K

« Reply #889 on: June 24, 2024, 01:58:33 PM »
I want to buy new brake pads for the er9. Considering experimenting with different compounds.
What are the pads that are compatible with the L-TWOO calipers? I doubt the fins matter.

jonathanf2

« Reply #890 on: June 24, 2024, 02:04:16 PM »
I want to buy new brake pads for the er9. Considering experimenting with different compounds.
What are the pads that are compatible with the L-TWOO calipers? I doubt the fins matter.

These work well. I use them on my GRX gravel bike with no issues on off-road downhill. They're a resin/ceramic mix. I think they brake better than the stock LTwoo eggroll pads.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804993304535.html

SirBikealot

« Reply #891 on: June 25, 2024, 06:59:44 AM »
i got a pair of these https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002611865379.html (944-RS805-Elite). Breaking performence is good but i had to sand down the paint at the side of the pads around half a mm because they were to wide, at least in my calipers.

ktsan

« Reply #892 on: June 25, 2024, 11:06:25 PM »
Hi guys my ER9 RD (s/n 250123x) also died after going through a very short patch of uneven pavement at ~ 25 mph a week ago. The same problem that it makes sound but is stuck at the smallest cog. I contacted both 80 designers store (the seller) and ltwoo. Heard nothing from ltwoo and 80 designers is dragging their feet with responding. Only one reply from 3 days ago so far and it was for asking me for a video. They've been ignoring me since.

I was just about to order one more set for another build and this happened. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get the 105 DI2.

I'm here to report back on the issue. I never heard back directly from Ltwoo sadly. On the other hand 80 designers on Ali, albeit incredibly slow, finally sent out the replacement RD today (6/25) after 3 weeks of back and forth and two separate videos showing the RD is indeed broken. On top of that I have to pay for shipping (USD $15+tax, which should not be taxed by law but anyway).

I have to say I enjoyed the group set, when it was working. Maybe the downshifting in the rear isn't as crispy but it still worked very well (and maybe because I have a 11-34 there). And the weight and price point are incredible comparing to 105 di2. However this whole ordeal left a very sour taste. First of all, how on earth would the RD break itself simply by going through an uneven patch of pavement less than 10-12 ft long? There's something very wrong about the engineering/material here. And then there is the customer service, or lack thereof. Ltwoo never directly responded to my email. And I really don't understand why it took them a whole 20 days since they first received the video to agree and send out a replacement. Ltwoo should be ashamed of themselves for doing business this way.

i really was going to order another set for my other bike's upgrade right before this happened. But I'm holding out now until I see how Wheeltop/Magene handle their QA/QC and customer service, though to be honest I don't have high hope there either. Or maybe this is the universe telling me to stop effing around and just stick to the mechanical 105 for now.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #893 on: June 26, 2024, 12:37:05 AM »
I'm here to report back on the issue. I never heard back directly from Ltwoo sadly. On the other hand 80 designers on Ali, albeit incredibly slow, finally sent out the replacement RD today (6/25) after 3 weeks of back and forth and two separate videos showing the RD is indeed broken. On top of that I have to pay for shipping (USD $15+tax, which should not be taxed by law but anyway).

I have to say I enjoyed the group set, when it was working. Maybe the downshifting in the rear isn't as crispy but it still worked very well (and maybe because I have a 11-34 there). And the weight and price point are incredible comparing to 105 di2. However this whole ordeal left a very sour taste. First of all, how on earth would the RD break itself simply by going through an uneven patch of pavement less than 10-12 ft long? There's something very wrong about the engineering/material here. And then there is the customer service, or lack thereof. Ltwoo never directly responded to my email. And I really don't understand why it took them a whole 20 days since they first received the video to agree and send out a replacement. Ltwoo should be ashamed of themselves for doing business this way.

i really was going to order another set for my other bike's upgrade right before this happened. But I'm holding out now until I see how Wheeltop/Magene handle their QA/QC and customer service, though to be honest I don't have high hope there either. Or maybe this is the universe telling me to stop effing around and just stick to the mechanical 105 for now.

Man, i am sorry to hear this...i was hoping ltwoo will change....the problem is, that their factory is massivly overloaded with domestic orders, lower quality groupsets, as chinese bikecyclemarket is increasing in the lower budget range...so they do not see any need to change their behviour with the relatively small market they have with electronic groupsets....the aliexpress guys have to loose a little more, thats why they invest hard work to help customers....but are helpless because ltwoo ignores them too..at the end, they will cover the parts on their costs, but it is a loss for them,surely...i have still questions pending with ltwoo factory, my sales person keeps asking me, what is the problem, i keep telling him, just read the messages above..and he ignores me again? i have seen many chinese companies in the past 25 years i do business with china, this is one of the worst, sorry to say......

jac2689

« Reply #894 on: June 26, 2024, 04:13:41 AM »
Howdy all,

I'm new to Chinertown and new to ordering from AliExpress/Alibaba in general.

I'm building up a frameset and think I'd like to use ER9/X but unsure of which sellers/distributors to buy from? Any recommendations?

I'm also struggling to match the prices others have shown on this thread for the parts. Any tips on getting good value?

And one other final question. If I buy the set without cassette/chainrings/rotors can I use pretty much any alternative brand? Is this the way to go to save some weight or am I best just buying the whole lot with the ER9.

Thanks for the help for this rookie!

SillyMochi

« Reply #895 on: June 26, 2024, 04:31:15 AM »
Howdy all,

I'm building up a frameset and think I'd like to use ER9/X but unsure of which sellers/distributors to buy from? Any recommendations?

I'm also struggling to match the prices others have shown on this thread for the parts. Any tips on getting good value?

And one other final question. If I buy the set without cassette/chainrings/rotors can I use pretty much any alternative brand? Is this the way to go to save some weight or am I best just buying the whole lot with the ER9.

You did see all the previous issues people have with this groupset? Are you really sure you wanna gamble on it? Especially, given you are new to ordering from China/AliExpress.

jac2689

« Reply #896 on: June 26, 2024, 05:23:11 AM »
You did see all the previous issues people have with this groupset? Are you really sure you wanna gamble on it? Especially, given you are new to ordering from China/AliExpress.

Yup, I've given the whole thread a read.
If I can find a good deal and some knowledgeable folk offer some good advice to queries, it'll worth my effort to try it.

If not, I might stick to the mainstream.

Serge_K

« Reply #897 on: June 26, 2024, 08:29:20 AM »
Yup, I've given the whole thread a read.
If I can find a good deal and some knowledgeable folk offer some good advice to queries, it'll worth my effort to try it.

If not, I might stick to the mainstream.

You're a brave man, i applaud that.
on price matching, the lower prices are usually because people buy during a "sale" on aliX. Also depends on the region you're in. For example, if in EU, you see prices incl. VAT. Not the case in the UK. Shipping depends on region too. Those who live in Australia pay less in shipping. Long story short, it's complicated. There's a guy selling er9 on the forum btw, his user name is very long and has plates in it i think.
everything kind of works with everything. er9 doesnt sell rotors, cranks, cassette, chain, anyway. i have an ultralight steel & alu cassette, chinese, i m very happy with it, but you ll find people here saying it's shit. as long as it's calibrated properly, it works great, on my setup anyway.
there's a number of youtubers saying that expensive rotors dont brake any better than cheaper ones, so you may want to save your money there. It also depends on the riding you do, and your weight.

jonathanf2

« Reply #898 on: June 26, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »
Howdy all,

Ha you're brave! Even though I'm running 2 ER9 groupsets, they are way to finicky that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who isn't able to troubleshoot their own issues. First none of the AliEx stores are official, even if they have "official" in their name. So far the best prices for ER9/X groupsets come from the 80 Design Store or the LTwoo "Offical" Store . They were selling them cheaper on the AliEx LTwoo Choice store, but that stock dried up. Also wait to buy during sales. The next big one should be the AliEx summer sale. Though they've been running sales every 1st of the month with coupon deals if you miss that one.

You can run any cassette/chain/crank/rotor combo. You can even run different brake calipers if you want. Also you can save weight using a lightweight cassette, carbon crankset, lightweight 160/140 rotor combo and even swap out the brake calipers.

If you're new to AliEx bike building, I'd highly recommend using Shimano drivetrain components, because they should work with the least amount of hassle. I'd only start experimenting with the lightweight fringe components after you've become more comfortable. There's a lot of great stuff on AliEx, but there's also a lot of junk. For example if you start with 105 or Ultegra cassette/chain/crank components, You'll at least have some guarantee everything will work properly. Good luck!

00Garza

« Reply #899 on: June 26, 2024, 01:31:01 PM »
Howdy all,

Diving into the deep end of the pool. Respect.

Like others, I'd recommend shimano parts for your first foray. Anrancee and Delic-bike store have legit shimano groups available.

Or you could get a full group at a decent price from merlincycles.

I bought a Ltwoo gravel group from 80 Designer store and they replaced a bad shifter after I provided video evidence that it wasn't working properly. They seemed to have the best prices at the time.