Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 105469 times)

Macedingle

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #615 on: July 07, 2024, 10:45:03 AM »
Yup, brand new frameset. And truthfully I'm now more on board with the idea that even a second-hand frame from a big western brand is still probably a better investment than a full price B/C grade product.

Winspace decided to make the Gen2 T1550 geometry more relaxed. For my size L, they shortened the reach by 5mm and increased the stack by 13mm. I suppose they did slacken the seat tube angle from 74 to 73.5 to accommodate this. Wheelbase remains the same. With that said, the geometry is not quite anything like my SL8.

Is Tavelo/Winspace grade A or B?

rasch

« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2024, 10:54:15 AM »
Anyone that know's the max weight of the LCR017-D?  Muchos gracias

Easier to ask directly Wendy/LC if not on the website. Anyway I'd assume the max 120 at least in the lightweight version

dinorello

« Reply #617 on: July 07, 2024, 10:03:36 PM »
Is Tavelo/Winspace grade A or B?
Any Chinese brand would be a harder sale on the used market vs a western brand.   Quality might be comparable but when you take into consideration all the other factors like resale, warranty and customer support its hard to compete against a big name western brand bought for less than MSRP.  Unless you have that hook, or have the resources it's still probably best m to buy a Chinese brand for less

Serge_K

« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2024, 03:37:02 AM »
There's also second hand branded framesets. I had an eye on a Look recently, fully integrated, was c.1300 EUR. Something like that would be extremely hard to beat.
There's also brand new framesets that get dumped by stores to make space, often in odd sizes, to make space for the new model.
Essentially, the moment a Chinese frame isn't super cheap, relative value should be taken into account. Some markets such as the UK have incredible deals on eBay. One should know the relative strengths and weaknesses of the market they're in.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

Stoemper

« Reply #619 on: July 10, 2024, 09:46:03 AM »
Shimano ultegra 8170 di2
MT900 160MM rotors
shimano ultegra r8000 pedals
lightcarbon 50MM rims without spokeholes and dtswiss 250 hubs
KMC XT12 chain for asthetic reasons (waxed)

weights 7.6KG as shown on the picture

sadle will be replaced need to order a new one to fit the round rails
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 09:48:17 AM by Stoemper »

rasch

« Reply #620 on: July 10, 2024, 09:53:10 AM »
Shimano ultegra 8170 di2
MT900 160MM rotors
shimano ultegra r8000 pedals
lightcarbon 50MM rims without spokeholes and dtswiss 250 hubs
KMC XT12 chain for asthetic reasons (waxed)

weights 7.6KG as shown on the picture

sadle will be replaced need to order a new one to fit the round rails

Nice looking bike ;)

Am still waiting for a few pieces to build mine ahaha
Am assembling it with a 105 mechanical so will need patience for running the cables on the hb :)

patliean1

« Reply #621 on: July 11, 2024, 10:28:12 AM »
Has anyone actually confirmed whether or not LC manufactures the SS Evo for Cannondale?

I was having a chat with one of my industry buddies who mentioned that since Cannondale is made in Taiwan, how could LC produce them? Which seems strange considering LC includes the SuperSix Evo in their marketing email to customers regarding the LCR017-D.

So either LightCarbon is spreading misinformation or Cannondale is using the produced in China but finished in Taiwan to be considered "Made in Taiwan." Or perhaps LC's is design is just different enough to avoid a cease and desist or copyright lawsuit?

According China Cycling Joe, Specialized frames are produced in China. Despite "Made In Taiwan" stickers on their framesets. None of this is my area of expertise so I'm curious what you guys think.

Stoemper

« Reply #622 on: July 11, 2024, 11:06:56 AM »
Has anyone actually confirmed whether or not LC manufactures the SS Evo for Cannondale?

I was having a chat with one of my industry buddies who mentioned that since Cannondale is made in Taiwan, how could LC produce them? Which seems strange considering LC includes the SuperSix Evo in their marketing email to customers regarding the LCR017-D.

So either LightCarbon is spreading misinformation or Cannondale is using the produced in China but finished in Taiwan to be considered "Made in Taiwan." Or perhaps LC's is design is just different enough to avoid a cease and desist or copyright lawsuit?

According China Cycling Joe, Specialized frames are produced in China. Despite "Made In Taiwan" stickers on their framesets. None of this is my area of expertise so I'm curious what you guys think.

What marketing are you referring to I never saw any brand names on their website I communication with them

dinorello

« Reply #623 on: July 11, 2024, 11:49:10 AM »

I would think that if the lc17 was made in the same Factory as the Cannondale it would have more than just the geometry in common.

patliean1

« Reply #624 on: July 11, 2024, 11:50:24 AM »

What marketing are you referring to I never saw any brand names on their website I communication with them

When I inquired about the frame back in March...

"LCR017-D is our latest bike frame and our frame designers also take the advantages of Cannondale SuperSix EVO. It’s all-around bike frame as well.
Currently the LCR017-D (super light version) moulds are finished and in production.
The 56cm size is out of stock now and the manufacturing lead time is around 1 month."

Not sure if this email was intended just for myself. They will probably ask me to delete this since I know they lurk these forums.

EDIT: Maybe LC just meant they took design queues from the SS-Evo rather than actually produce it.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 12:12:56 PM by patliean1 »

Stoemper

« Reply #625 on: July 11, 2024, 04:42:06 PM »

"LCR017-D is our latest bike frame and our frame designers also take the advantages of Cannondale SuperSix EVO. It’s all-around bike frame as well.
Currently the LCR017-D (super light version) moulds are finished and in production.
The 56cm size is out of stock now and the manufacturing lead time is around 1 month."

Not sure if this email was intended just for myself. They will probably ask me to delete this since I know they lurk these forums.

EDIT: Maybe LC just meant they took design queues from the SS-Evo rather than actually produce it.

Guess it was their inspiration, I would have guessed the factor ostro vam btw, but that just shows they all are “inspired” by something

zatopiek

« Reply #626 on: July 12, 2024, 05:16:30 AM »
This looks very nice!
Which color did you use for the 'red' parts of the frame?

Ferrari Red!

dinorello

« Reply #627 on: July 12, 2024, 08:44:05 AM »

Your "Engrish" is not up to par.  They meant that the geometry is a match to the cannondale evo but their downtube delivers bus like aero.

FMayweather

« Reply #628 on: July 12, 2024, 04:02:59 PM »

Never hear anyone claiming that LC produces Cannondale. Just some people in the begining of this thread said, that the LCR017 looked like a rip-off of the super six evo.

rasch

« Reply #629 on: July 14, 2024, 07:35:20 PM »
Guys, I need your help because this is driving me crazy ahahha. I'm assembling this bike now and I get an annoying creack when turning the handlebar to the left. I lost count on the number of times I've disassembled the handlebar, even switched position of the cables because I thought it was the cables snapping/switching one over the other but doesn't seem so. Any ideas where this can come from?
Sound is pretty much this https://youtu.be/OLKpF25upFo?si=womLqIP3OmNugeRi just much less as i get only two snaps. It's like sth going outside and then inside again. Any ideas?

I think I'm  just missing taking the bearings off but not sure it can be from it as they are new and I put grease on them