Author Topic: Best TPU tube brand  (Read 7612 times)

BeR

Re: Best TPU tube brand
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2024, 12:04:23 PM »
Had my first blow out of a TPU tube today.  The bang was scary! Luckily this was after pumping up the tire at home, and wasn't on a crazy descent.  Been using RideNow for over a year on a rim brake bike and never had a blow out before..  Definitely noticed though the balloon effect on used TPU tubes so the heat of rim brake does affect the integrity.

What was your inflate pressure ?

ausmtb8989

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2024, 04:54:40 AM »
What was your inflate pressure ?

about 80psi, 28c tires

RhubarbChrisP

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2024, 12:00:40 PM »
Looks like RideNow have a version with a pink (alloy?) stem with a black base (I assume it's some kind of material covering the stem to help with durability). Has anyone tried these? Are they newer then the white stem version?

coffeebreak

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2024, 12:10:11 PM »
Looks like RideNow have a version with a pink (alloy?) stem with a black base (I assume it's some kind of material covering the stem to help with durability). Has anyone tried these? Are they newer then the white stem version?

I have those. The pink section is alloy indeed and in contrast to some other TPU tubes these have removable valve core too. Additionally these also have a tightening ring that plastic stem TPUs don't have.  Even the cap is metal and color matched. These weigh 40 grams  so slightly heftier but I like these better.

waltini

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2024, 04:20:39 PM »

Yes, they are the new version. I have these and they seem to be higher quality than the valve on the white version.

And the pink valve is very cute  8)

amacal1

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2024, 11:38:51 AM »
I've noticed those "new" RideNows with the allow stems, but avoided them because why mess with success? My limited experience with tpu tubes was that if the tube was going to have an issue it would be an issue with the valve or the bonding around the valve. But, if you guys say it seems improved, then I guess my next lot will be of the "new" style.

I guess RideNow seems to have their act together a little more than some of the others, I've noticed. If they say it's an improvement, I guess you gotta trust them.